Frontier models

I bought from Frontier a couple of times when I was living in the UK. They are OK but the delivery was slower than I expected for an in-stock item, about 3-4 weeks for a small parcel.

i have bought from them in the past the items took ages to arrive
the last time i ordered from them all i got was a series of excuses
why i had not received any of my orders in the end i had to cancel them
a friend of mine had the same trouble i would nerver order from them again

A look at their inventory brings up quite a few items that look to be very similar to Coolmodels and NewMoon, both recasters. Cheap recast swag, even so, people will still buy from them anyway... "I can't get it anywhere else so they'll have to do" or "I didn't want to pay the original maker $XXX when I can get it for so much cheaper!" :angry

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Totally off-topic, but I almost shot chocolate milk out my nose when I read your sig. That's the best laugh I've had this week! :thumbsup :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I didn't write it... :angel

Found it many moons ago and while picking a new avatar image I remembered it and thought it worked well together.

Oh god, I just spent almost 75 notes with these guys :cry

Looks like I'll have to wait a 4 to 6 weeks for my items, if nothing appears by then I'll have to pay Mr PayPal a visit.

If I would have seen this sooner I would have gone to Commet Miniatuares instead, oh well thats what I get for hanging around on Starship Modler instead of over here.

Oh god, I just spent almost 75 notes with these guys :cry

Looks like I'll have to wait a 4 to 6 weeks for my items, if nothing appears by then I'll have to pay Mr PayPal a visit.

If I would have seen this sooner I would have gone to Commet Miniatuares instead, oh well thats what I get for hanging around on Starship Modler instead of over here.

Dont wait, send them an email saying you want an immediate refund for the item you bought and then in a couple of days contact paypal immediately. I have tried buying from them and got shafted big time. Got my money back but it did take two months to get it back by contacting paypal over and over again. Frontiers are a waste of time!
Good luck!

Word is the recasted props are shipped from the states from Cool Models to the supplier there, then on to you. Thus the reason for the delay in getting your stuff.

Ask for your money back straight away and don't listen to their excuses for the delay in your order.

I lost about 100 gbp from an item I ordered and never got and left too late to claim the funds back as I believed their responces. This was before I joined here so did not know that even if you get the item it will be a bad coolmodels recast

Its a real shame that there is no legit place to buy the stuff they have on their list.

Yeah, I think the problem is that you can't get some of the stuff they sell over here.

I know Commet Minitures does some of the stuff they sell and Commet trade with Federation Models who trade with The Starship Modeler Store.

I've bought from both Commet & SSM Store before in the past and have had no problems whatsoever.

Last edited:
Oh man, I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!

I was seriously considering a Tesla kit from them... you've all saved my life THANK YOU!!!!!

Communication was my huge problem...the fact that there just was none. Sent countless emails about my order and just nothing!! And paypal know the problems they have with them yet still allow transactions to go through. never rite!
Get ya money back bud.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back