Frontier models

I saw the Tesla model and considering that they sell recasts, where did the original come from and why is the original maker not selling them ?

Last edited:
carl9149: Totally, I tried emailing this Steve Jarvis character the other day to ask for a status update on my order and supprise-supprise, NO REPLY!!!!

sgtfury4017: some information is totally useless W/O a link.

BTW has anyone ever bought anything from "Starship Models by Leon Consilio" bassed in Berlin Germany?

EDIT: sorry sgtfury4017, I've only just found out the owner now trades under the name ARSENAL MODELS, that Cool Models is his eBay name and that his nick name on this forum is "The Hummelstown Recaster".

Last edited:
Got an update from Frontier Models Steve saying that the delay in my order was caused by the kit box having a large hole in it and somthing falling out of it and going missing.

How the hell can you loose small peices out of a one peice kit???

This guy obviously thinks I'm a moron with more money than sense and that I don't check into what I'm buying online.

I'll tell you what guys if I don't see anything by the 13th of this month the shows offically off!!!!

If I was you I would not hang aroung at all and try to get your money back. Even if it actually turns up you are likley to be disapointed by the quality of it.

Your right in a way, but the likleyhood of it turning up is looking extremely slim as he made out in his email to me.

I'm only adhearing to the 28 days so I'm covered by UK Law, after that 28 days I can pull the plug and not be in breech of any contract and even get people like trading standards involved if necessary.

I don't think they are recasters, they buy from recasters and then sell on.

Sort of recasters-lite.

From what I've herd over the last month, He's just a box shipper who buys mainly from Arsenal/Cool Models and builds the odd prop/model up for clients.

Dont wait, send them an email saying you want an immediate refund for the item you bought and then in a couple of days contact paypal immediately. I have tried buying from them and got shafted big time. Got my money back but it did take two months to get it back by contacting paypal over and over again. Frontiers are a waste of time!
Good luck!

Thanks for you advice carl9149, now the 28 days has expired I'm putting it into practice, I email Steve Jarvis today saying that I want an immediate refund and giving him till Monday to respond, if he dosn't or sends me another list of excuses I'm off to PayPal to clame back my cash.

The reason I waited the 28 day was to cover myself under UK Statutory Law, so now Frontier models is in breech of their own T&C.

Anyway, many thanks to everyone here who gave me advice on the matter advice, it was seriously worth it's weight in gold and I am most grateful for this :)

seconded, I've looked at their stuff with interest a couple of times, glad I waited and heard from you guys. I'll give them a miss. Thanks y'all.

Luckily A PayPal refund has arrived from Steve Jarvis so a refund's in the pipe line, just needs a few days to clear.

All I can say now is that I would 100% "NOT" recommend them, to me he's just an incompetent middle man who probably only really handles customer builds and dosn't hold much stock and IMHO that's the best way of loosing customers, fast.

I mean 28 to 46 days for a UK order from a UK address isn't just mad, it's bat S**T crazy, I mean here in the UK I get a bit weary if somthing takes longer than 16 day to deliver from a UK company.

BTW: my new nick name for them is Frontier Muppets!!!!

Last edited:
Hi there

I ordered from this company back on the 28th of January and now 11 weeks on, i am still waiting for my painted Mark X tricorder. It says 6-8 weeks on their site. To begin with I was told that the guy making my prop was a little over loaded with orders. However he's now told me this two or three time's and i'm seriously getting a whiff of BS. Like my item isn't actually being made.

I've emailed Paypal and explained the situation to them.

He will always catch someone as he has an unrivaled list of models. It just such a shame that they are all recasts.
It would also be good if he actually delivered even these when they are paid for.

He's told me he's going to try and contact the guy doing the painting over the weekend. I'm being diplomat, however if by monday nothing is settled. I'll be filing a report with paypal and requesting a refund.

He's told me he's going to try and contact the guy doing the painting over the weekend. I'm being diplomat, however if by monday nothing is settled. I'll be filing a report with paypal and requesting a refund.
Seriously... get out now. Don't wait. You'll probably be able to find what you need here if you just have a little patience. + the quality of the product and service will undoubtedly be a thousand times better. Don't feed the recaster.

If you paid on 28th January, that's some 56 days that have elapsed to date. PayPal's limit for a claim is 45 days. You'd be better off filing a charge-back through your credit card.

As Yellowjacket stated "It's all been said. Seller of recast parts. Poor quality." We know, we can stop beating a dead horse! :facepalm
That because it will be a recast made by arsenal / cool models. They are always of low quality.

Alan - Thanks for that info, i paid via debt/switch card. So hopefully i shall still be covered. The guy seems perfectly fine with giving a refund. So hopefully it will be sorted monday. But as i said, if not, i'll go with paypal and see what can be done.

Thanks for the info, been very useful.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back