Removing superglue stains from clear acrylic?

I'm assuming you're talking about "fogging". If that's the case, I believe you're out of luck as it's a chemical reaction with the plastic, not a stain.

You can try getting it out on a buffing wheel. The buffing wheel is wearing down the problemed areas which results in the shine. If you used CA to repair your acrylic then an adhesive specifically made for acrylic should have been used instead. I think the stuff I used at one shop was called Acrylweld...it's been awhile so I can't be sure. Regardless, just ask for something specifically made for acrylic. It dries fast with no trace.

I've had lots of luck with turtle wax buffing compound followed by turtle wax polishing compound. Rub it really fast so it gets a little hot and use a white cloth. I used a red cloth once and the dye from the cloth some how worked it's way into the surface.

Sand off the rough stuff with high grit sandpaper. Polish area with Novus plastic polish and restore opical clarity with a bit of Future floor wax (sold as "Pledge with Future shine").

-Fred

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back