Build thread: 1:1 Halo Warthog- build diary online

CustomCreations

Sr Member
I thought you people will like to know that I have, in my alter ego 9-5 job, just started to work on making a client a 1:1 Warthog from Halo.

A stripped down Land Rover 110 has just arrived in the workshop - this thing needs to be driveable!

I will post a build thread as I go, although we are still liasing with the client over what form this will take.
Its a budget build so I am putting in unpaid work to get it finished (afterall, who wouldnt- there wont be another chance for a while to do this kind of piece !)

Wish me luck!

D

Last edited:
Re: Build thread: 1:1 Halo Warthog

land rover huh? I can see it.

I always thought a Rhino would be a good base for a warthog.

cant wait to see your progress!

Re: Build thread: 1:1 Halo Warthog

Good luck... you're going to need it! :p

But seriously, good luck. :)

Having seen it in person, I can say that there is a lot of work involved! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Re: Build thread: 1:1 Halo Warthog- webdiary

Well -I have managed to start a form of build diary !
The budget is minimal so I'm afraid it can only be a link- we need to get as much web traffic to the site for advertising/ promotion of Props Studios, which is why we agreed to take on the project (almost at cost)
Ill be updating it as often as I can in the new year, when work starts proper.
quick pic:
WarthogOUTLINEsml.jpg

the link:
http://www.themodelmaker.co.uk/WarthogDiary/warthog.html

We havent the budget for 4 wheel steering, and its certainly going to be a build from ingenuity rather than $£ so I am sure it will appeal to many people on the RPF !

Last edited:
Re: Build thread: 1:1 Halo Warthog- webdiary

are you gonna do a solid axle vehile or independat suspesion like the "Puma" has :) ?

that was a Red vs Blue joke ;)

Ha ! ;-)
The original plan is to make it fully MOT' able, which to those off our UK shores is basically a form of 'highway certificate' which means at the time of testing it yearly in a registered garage, it passes certain safety and road worthy tests.All vehicles on UK h=roads have to have one to be legal to drive in public.
I am not convinced that it will pass- we'd prob have to cover wheels up , the lights may be deemed set too high for a passenger vehicle, that sort of thing.
See how it goes...
Dan

Re: Build thread: 1:1 Halo Warthog- build diary Update 26th Jan09

Great! Just don't let me drive it--I'll crash and flip it just like in the game. :lol

Lovely bit of metalwork going on there. If Flashdance has taught me anything, it's that nothing makes you feel more manly than welding.

Actually, the welder here is a MIG welder, truly amazing- its like the welding equivalent of writing with an expensive fountain pen!
Funny you should say manly- they were my exact words on facebook! ;-)
Tried to Join up to the 405th, registration is full .....

When all the settings are right, I've heard MIG welding described as "the hot-glue gun of metalwork". You can tack stuff together with ease. I actually sent my CV to Props Studios, I'd love to work on something like this.

You could really have some fun if it passes the MOT.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back