Museum Replicas Sword of Snake Eyes

CeSquared

Sr Member
This goes in conjunction with my review of Museum Replica's Sword of Storm Shadow.

Both come in similar packaging. A bright outer sleeve with a picture of the sword on the front and the original cardback photo on the back with a description. For Snake Eyes, they used the 2nd version of Snakeyes from 1985 that came with Timber the wolf and his sword.
ImportedPhotos00027.jpg

ImportedPhotos00028.jpg

Internal packaging is identical. The sword is secured in cardboard ends. The stand is secured in styrofoam. The blades are well oiled then covered with plastic. Did I mention, they are well oiled?...
ImportedPhotos00030.jpg

The swords themselves are black and white respectively. Snake Eyes' sword has a menacing look to it while Storm Shadow's is very simple.
ImportedPhotos00032.jpg

The handles are both cast metal with a gloss finish. The Sword of Snake Eyes features an Eagle on the handle while the Storm Shadow features 2 Cobras.
ImportedPhotos00033.jpg

The Tsuba on the SOSE features the cutout of eagle wings and a star...
ImportedPhotos000372.jpg

...and on one side of the blade has a snake.
ImportedPhotos000382.jpg

Both swords are very nice and are VERY sharp. They don't have the wobble that the UC LOTR swords have. I can't wait to clear out some shelf space to display them.

They retail for $195 each but I got BOTH for $184. :D

Here are the Sword of Storm Shadow Pics.
ImportedPhotos00041.jpg

ImportedPhotos00040.jpg

ImportedPhotos00042.jpg

ImportedPhotos00044.jpg

Last edited:
Nice... But what's that sort of "grease" on the blade of Snake Eyes sword?

They both have them. It's just an oil that keeps the blade from rusting in storage I imagine. Sitting in the boxes gathering moisture could rust the blades. It wipes right off with a rag.

I believe the blade is carbon steel on these and they have to be oiled regularly to prevent rusting. You can use simple mineral or gun oil as well.

They both have them. It's just an oil that keeps the blade from rusting in storage I imagine. Sitting in the boxes gathering moisture could rust the blades. It wipes right off with a rag.

Ok, I thought so, but I wanna be sure... Interesting take on the swords of these iconic characters... ;)
And nice deal for that price!:D

You still can.

Not only that... but they are marked down these days.

Not only that... but you can get an additional $5 off your order this weekend.

GI Joe

EDIT: okay now that the picts are fixed I see I am talking about the wrong ones. I had forgotten they did that style.

Last edited:
I have the RoC swords.. I am looking to get my hands on the Snake Eyes sword that is in this thread. It is a beautiful piece. I have the Stormy one. But I was never able to get the SE. Very nice reviews of them too. I agree.. very sharp .. even the SS sword .. It's a very unique piece.

Does anyone have ANY numbers on any of their Swords, Stands, or boxes and or certificates? Finally got one of these swords.. but no info on the blade or anything. A ton of spelling errors on my certificate too. I wonder if mine is the only one.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back