FULL SIZE Millenium Falcon Cockpit from ANH

artoo77

Okay, here's one for you experts...

Does anyone know or recognize any of the set detail props from the ANH Falcon cockpit? For example, where did the seats come from or any other greeblies stuck to the walls?

--Don Bies

Last edited:
Re: FS Millenium Falcon Cockpit from ANH

Yes, Full Scale...

No, not a test.

Nothing for sale.

Just Curious.

Wow, what a paranoid lot.

--Don Bies

How about the upside-down Viscount passenger lights, also seen on the X-Wing dashboard? :love I think they had a ton of those lying around at one time :)

_Mike

Well, the 2 'rear' seats were made from/based on Martin-Baker ejection seats. (Mk IV I think.)

:lol Don, you're gonna get a lot of fanboys all hot and bothered with this thread title. You might wanna edit it to read "1:1 screen-used ANH Millennium Falcon Cockpit question" or something like that.

The Wook

ps~I do have a related question. Do you know if the ANH cockpit was scrapped after shooting, or was it preserved, and then enhanced to become the more detailed/more flashy cockpit interior we see in ESB?

:lol Don, you're gonna get a lot of fanboys all hot and bothered with this thread title. You might wanna edit it to read "1:1 screen-used ANH Millennium Falcon Cockpit question" or something like that.

The Wook

ps~I do have a related question. Do you know if the ANH cockpit was scrapped after shooting, or was it preserved, and then enhanced to become the more detailed/more flashy cockpit interior we see in ESB?

I believe I edited it now to read "FULL SCALE"...if it's not showing up that way, please let me know what I need to do to stop the confusion.

I apologize to everyone who's dreams were dashed...

To the best of my knowledge (which is pretty insignificant in comparison to the brain trust that appears to make up this board), it was scrapped and rebuilt for ESB. The original blueprints of the Falcon in the Archives have two title blocks: One that says "The Star Wars" (for ANH) and then another one titled "Empire Strikes Back" for "Chapter II Productions". It appears they simply took the original blueprints, retitled them, perhaps made notes where necessary, and then used them again for ESB. Of course, new ones were drawn for sets/parts created specifically for ESB. And, you'll be happy to know, they all appear to exist.

--Don

I believe I edited it now to read "FULL SCALE"...if it's not showing up that way, please let me know what I need to do to stop the confusion.

I apologize to everyone who's dreams were dashed...

To the best of my knowledge (which is pretty insignificant in comparison to the brain trust that appears to make up this board), it was scrapped and rebuilt for ESB. The original blueprints of the Falcon in the Archives have two title blocks: One that says "The Star Wars" (for ANH) and then another one titled "Empire Strikes Back" for "Chapter II Productions". It appears they simply took the original blueprints, retitled them, perhaps made notes where necessary, and then used them again for ESB. Of course, new ones were drawn for sets/parts created specifically for ESB. And, you'll be happy to know, they all appear to exist.

--Don

(Yup, the edited title is there now.)

I wonder who built this cockpit then, for the Holiday Special in the fall of '78? Was it ILM, or the ABC (or CBS or NBC--I forget who aired it) set department who built it? It's been a while since I've watched the special, but from this pic it looks pretty bare bones, and not even quite full scale.

Holiday-Special-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To go with the above pics of the ANH Falcon, here are a couple pics of the Holiday special version, which is a bare bones, smaller version.

20081121_0060.jpg

20081121_0058.jpg

The levers that Han pulls down when ever the Falcon goes into hyperspace are also the pistons on C-3PO's knees, I'm pretty sure.

I also agree with with mverta on the upside down R2-D2 holos.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back