escape pod kit list

rambo5788

I have decided to plan my next build after my current project the tie bomber I have all parts and just awaiting the aluminum to start the bomber.
now the pod kit list here is what I have
aurora 1/96 US Navy sealab III
airfix 1/144 saturn five rocket
tamiya 1/35 sdkfz 232 8 rad
tamiya 1/35 88 mm flak gun
tamiya 1/35 3.7 cm flak gun
amt 1/25 freuhauf tanker
aurora 1/40 m8 high speed tractor
tamiya 1/35 sdkfz 222 command car
tamiya 1/35 sdkfz 223 command car
tamiya 1/35 Hanomag half track
amt 1/25 chevy titan
I know some are not exact but the parts can be found in them such as the jackson. the track around the top equator escapes me pun not intended. they are german but weather they are from an elefant or panzer I am not sure. and the double hatch on the side looks to be bandai in 1/35
so any pointers here would be appreciated if you wish to pm me please do. thank you

Last edited:
also the heller hms hood
and the heller zerstorer and there are parts from a bandai jagdtiger or panther interior
thanks guys keep it comming

How great it is to have members share a "parts list"... I was getting disappointed by ALL the old school members who are just plain selfish when it comes to sharing info.

a measure of a modeler is the willingness to share and see another succeed where I have failed and learn from that. I share what I have learned through research and money. The money I have spent is really my problem why should others who want to take on a similar project have to suffer when there is another who can help. I thought that is what these forums are all about.
actually I enjoy helping

rambo

With an attitude like that, you will go very far, and make many friends, top job buddy.....love a guy who actually contributes to the board, not pillage it and hoard!
Good luck with your build, cant wait to see some progress!

lee

How great it is to have members share a "parts list"... I was getting disappointed by ALL the old school members who are just plain selfish when it comes to sharing info.

I've scanned through each of your 276 posts and I find your statement at odds with the fact that you've never actually asked any of them for info... What parts are you looking for?

Great project, Rambo. Please post your progress, as this is a fave of mine!

Talk to Rolando possibly Rambo...he is the ANH pod guru hehe, i think they were quart size...and card if i remember right, wasnt the original ILM build styrene skinned? Not sure, ANH isnt my field right now :lol

lee

paper buckets yes filled with foam and thn torn off and the foam skinned with styrene here is my first id map I guess you could call it and I am no guru I am moderatley informed and obsessed with kit ids and building I rately post my work for fear of critiques.

I've scanned through each of your 276 posts and I find your statement at odds with the fact that you've never actually asked any of them for info... What parts are you looking for?

Great project, Rambo. Please post your progress, as this is a fave of mine!
Hello imaginager, Currently I'm collecting kits for future projects. I have read a many threads on studio scale replicas & often read about how someone knows some donor kits, but have spent a great deal of $$$ & so they refuse to share. That is what my statement was aimed at. From the kits that I currently have, if I find a donor kit & a fellow member is in need of the info, I'll gladly share it. At this time, I'm purchasing several kits a month (vintage: tamiya, heller fujimi, monogram, italari, atm, & others from the 1960s-70s). Hopefully, at some point I'll begin a studio scale replica & share my progress/info with all. :) -Jc

Most people aren't going to post an actual kit list, as a lot of us don't maintain them over time. I started one for Slave with great intentions, but then dropped the ball on keeping it updated. It's as much of a chore to build the lists as it is the model, LOL. Below is the state of that list when I last updated it. Many of these kits are used extensively on a number of ESB subjects.

If you have a particular question about a part ID from any subject, just post a pic of the part you're looking for. Things have changed a little around here, and there are a few people who will beat a path to your door with the ID if they know it. Some of them may even start checking kits for you. Because it's fun, which is what a "hobby" is supposed to be!

But, do keep in mind that people working on a current project may not be as apt to share, just because they don't need the bidding competition on eBay. That's not always true, as witnessed by Lee's AT-ST thread. But, you can't fault someone for not wanting to cut their own throat by making information public about a rare kit they still need. Oh, and you can't go wrong with most of the 1/12 Tamiya F1s!

Tamiya German 20mm Flakvierling38 MITSd.Ah.52
Tamiya German 88mm GunFlak36/37
Tamiya West German AA Tank Flakpanzer Gepard
Tamiya Churchill Crocodile British Flamethrower Tank
Tamiya Ferrari 312B
Tamiya Brabham BT44B
Tamiya Russian T-34/76
Tamiya Panzerspahwagen (8Rad)
Tamiya Fast Patrol Boat Perkasa
Tamiya Leopard
Tamiya Sd.kfz 222 Leichter
Tamiya SU-85
Tamiya JPS MkIII (1/20)
Hasegawa 60cm Mörser Karl 040 Prod Type w/ Rail Carrier
Hasegawa German Railway Gun Leopold
Monogram/Revell F-5E Tiger II
Airfix or Monogram Space Shuttle Orbiter w/ Boosters
Airfix Harrier GR3 AV-8A / AV-8S
Entex Porsche Carrera RSR Turbo 935

wow I had no idea tose big kits were on there I will never get a 1/8 porsche too much that thing can be a months rent ugh. I spent sloce to 500 for my sealab and I was in deep trouble for that for months. I really do enjoy helping others and trading info and parts if anyone can trade the porsche parts for sealab or anything I will be happy. I alyaws have rtv and resin on hand to cast parts.
rambo
my name I collect knives
if you know the blades randall, martin, lile,sanders and such you know they are expensive. like the cost of a sealb or porsche

wow I had no idea tose big kits were on there I will never get a 1/8 porsche too much that thing can be a months rent ugh.

The list I posted for Frightzone is for Slave I. The list you're working from for the ANH Escape Pod seems pretty complete to me.

IMHO there were no shuttle kits avaiable in the mid seventies

Like I said (see below), I posted a different list for a different movie. My bad - sorry for the confusion. Oh, and there was indeed an Airfix shuttle w/ booster out at the time of TESB.

Most people aren't going to post an actual kit list, as a lot of us don't maintain them over time. I started one for Slave with great intentions, but then dropped the ball on keeping it updated. It's as much of a chore to build the lists as it is the model, LOL. Below is the state of that list when I last updated it. Many of these kits are used extensively on a number of ESB subjects.

5qt. disposable paper paint buckets will do the trick for the Pod.

00001021.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back