Watchmen: Rorschach Trenchcoat?

Man, we at least have to find out who the desginer is. I figured it would be a regular, run-of-the-mill trench but after closer analysis I realized the collar was altered and the length was hemmed to sit higher than a normal trench. C'mon, CT hope you pull through!

It would make sense to modify an off-the-rack jacket, huh?

We'll know soon enough. :)

Have you bought the fedora? I'm interested in seeing what people have to say about them.

Man, we at least have to find out who the desginer is. I figured it would be a regular, run-of-the-mill trench but after closer analysis I realized the collar was altered and the length was hemmed to sit higher than a normal trench. C'mon, CT hope you pull through!

I believe the designer is Michael Wilkinson who did 300 with Snyder. Directors tend to stick with a certain production team once they've established a strong one.

Here are some shots I found. Good pic of the hat, ribbon looks velvet purple?....

2682100415c09e804999oah1.jpg

Side views of the trenchcoat

28442589010eaec0c00afo3.jpg

28442590692d433c0df3rl3.jpg

publicity shot!
2314793524fc26113ac6ji5.jpg

I heard some rumors that the Comedian's fur robe, seen in the opening killing scene, was a found item...but then again...can never be too sure!

Keep in mind that you're looking for a waxed cotton trench. Barbour used to make some (Collingwood?) in that style But I don't remember if they ever made them in that color.

I've recently sourced some waxed cotton in black and dark brown. I think the dark brown I have may be a little too dark for an accurate Rorschach trenchcoat, so I'll see if I can get it a step lighter. Once I do, I should be able to do an accurate trenchcoat in the right material for around $495...

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back