WATCHMEN! Rorschach's fedora -- FOUND!

CTF

Sr Member
You can't say that I don't share information. :)

Rorschach's fedora is a found item. Albeit, a custom one. I have found out -- from a pretty reliable source ;) -- that the fedora was bought from the following site.

http://www.texashatters.com

They do more than cowboy hats! :p

In short, just ask for the Rorschach model.

All the details are said to be the same -- except for two details.

First, the colour. That was changed by the costume department. The fedora from the maker is more of a pecan.

Second, the material may also be different... they made the film hats in a heavier felt. But the hat is normally made in a dress weight material. You could probably ask to have it made in the former, though. Maybe? :confused

This will be a hot item, I reckon. Especially early next year! I might pick one up to wear 'round, anyway. I love stingy brim fedoras. :cool

Yes, I know that there is already a thread asking for more information on Rorschach's costume [as seen in the flick], but the name was misspelled in the title, so it probably wouldn't show up in a search. :)

Last edited:
Re: Rorschach's fedora -- FOUND!

Second, the material may also be different... they made the film hats in a heavier felt. But the hat is normally made in a dress weight material. You could probably ask to have it made in the former, though. Maybe? :confused

You are able to have it made in the same material as the film hats. :)

I was gonna suggest making the subject more descriptive but I guess if you know who Rorshach is then you know what hat you're referring to. It's funny, though, because through the entire post it's almost like you deliberately left out any clue for the clueless (i.e. me) what character and film you're talking about! :lol

Rorschach, hes the guy from welcome back kotter, right?
gallery3622.jpg

;) :lol

From the Pictures I have seen, it looks like Indiana Jones' Fedora, but with a smaller rim...but that is just me...I will have to do some research...

SS

To be honest, I haven't asked. I have been sourcing other props from this show, though. ;)

But I'll see what I can do. :)

Indy Magnoli has stated that doing the trenchcoat is "a piece of cake!"
If you are familiar with Indy's work, you know he will deliver a top-notch quality replica.
The 'real' hats are pretty expensive so I am hoping another hat maker can offer them for a much more affordable price.
Has anyone looked into his gloves yet? Hopefully these are a found item because having custom gloves done is a pain in the poozer.

Having seen the felt that they made the film hats from, there is no way I'd want a hat from anywhere else.

Expensive, yes. But quality.

i used to have a similar fedora i got at a vintage store many years ago. of course, i can't find it now! :angry

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back