Post your batman suits

I don't have a suit put together with yet because I just finished it but hope to have something soon.

I am pleased though but glad it is over. Any questions write me at artsee1@earthlink.net or stop by my site sometime artsee1.com.

Paul

TDK%20PIECE%20WITH%20BOARDER%20SMALL%20copy.jpg

The best way to deal with the sweat, is a little trick that a good friend gave me, a couple years ago... Panty liners.

You just stick a few around the inside of the cowl, using their own adhesive backing, it REALLY helps absorb a good amount of sweat, so that it doesn't drip out and all down your chest. You can even stick a couple in the front neck area, if your specific cowl has the room. But usually you have to do that after the cowl is on.

It sounds silly, but it works.

And nothing prevents you from sweating. You don't really get hot, unless you're wearing a wetsuit or something like it, but a few guys do anyway. But a big rubber membrane wrapped around your head, preventing the evaporation of sweat that comes out of your head normally, is just going to collect inside the cowl and drip down. Yuck, huh? :sick But there's no way around it.

There's a narrow band of temperatures that are comfortable too. Right around 60 degrees F is just right. 70s-too hot 50s- too cold Its all worth it though. Liam's panty liner tip really works!

Hey, all.... this is my first post, so I want to use it to leave a good impression off the bat (no pun intended)

Some of you know me another mesage boards such as BOTB, LoH, TDH, The Hunter's Lair, andthe SHH forums. For those of you that don't know me, here's a rundown of my suit:

The armor and legs I recieved from a guy out in Cali. the belt is a Rubies begins, as are the gloves with foamies "89" styled armor on them. The boots were made with ankle-high boots and some custom facades. the cape was made by my aunt. Came out a little short as she didn't totally follow the pattern, but the 9-foot wingspan makes up for it.

the cowl is a Bronze Armory Begins cowl.

l_c08253ac41734da6afe1ae3b382fce74.jpg

l_ca904b24308e4754b77d058e1f05c447.jpg

l_9e291ae26bb149debd51e7ae7b62c1bd.jpg

l_e6c0d1439f79486b872fa9fe792cf784.jpg

these pics were taken at a local toy drive.... it was the debut of the BA cowl and I've very pleased with it. Feels like it was made just for me :)

Just wanted to share

'Brat

p.s.,
I also have a jedi knight, a predator, and a TDK Joker under my belt. All of which are wonderful :)

Hey Tim! Glad to see you made it over as well:thumbsup
Well here is my DE suit, which soon I will be finished. All I need is new cape, belt, boots, and gloves. I have a nice pleather one coming though!
The cowl is the Reevz DE, pants are from a cheap costume, (needs to be replaced, having a hard time with my age:unsure) no belt atm, gloves have been replaced, but not pictured, shirt is masscloseouts.com with screenprinted bat. BTW, due to my age, AND my height, I am planning on an OYL Robin
IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2918.jpg

I finally was able to join and look forward to being part of the RPF!

My Batsuit was my first costume project and I start it in June of 2005 for Halloween that year. It led to getting TK armor and it rolled on from there.

Zman_Bat_FCBD.jpg

Zman_Bat_FCBD08cape.png

The chest and legs are refinished Sonar Suit and I made the cape, boots and gloves.

Love your suit. The only thing I would do is trim the top of the right eye hole

Do NOT trim away the edge of the eyes. That would ruin the look of an '89 cowl.

To get your eyes more centered inside the holes of the eyes of the cowl, you pad up the inside/top of the cowl with 1/2" layers of furniture foam that you can get at most fabric supply places. If one layer doesn't bring it up high enough, add another. Just cut out an oval shape of foam and use a couple of spots of gel super glue to make it stick.

You may also want to try padding out the inside/back of the cowl as well. That way, your face will be pressed up against the front of the cowl better. It's obviously big on you and you need to make it look like it was made FOR you. You can help do that by making it more skin tight on you.

That's a PJWares cowl, isn't it?

Do NOT trim away the edge of the eyes. That would ruin the look of an '89 cowl.

To get your eyes more centered inside the holes of the eyes of the cowl, you pad up the inside/top of the cowl with 1/2" layers of furniture foam that you can get at most fabric supply places. If one layer doesn't bring it up high enough, add another. Just cut out an oval shape of foam and use a couple of spots of gel super glue to make it stick.

You may also want to try padding out the inside/back of the cowl as well. That way, your face will be pressed up against the front of the cowl better. It's obviously big on you and you need to make it look like it was made FOR you. You can help do that by making it more skin tight on you.

That's a PJWares cowl, isn't it?

Yes it is i bought it to replace my rubies

hello,
so here are some of mines...

my dark knight version

2867845260_01c609a9ed_o640x480.jpg

2867012279_019e8c980d_oa640x480.jpg

2867844390_4324973b76_oa640x480.jpg

the 1989 one

2891348628_0b2a813ceb_o640x480.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic2.jpg

the begins one

001qpy2ca640x480.jpg

P7052164a640x480.jpg

the hybrid one

DSC09411.jpg

23098347_m.jpg

sl66508125hm1.jpg

dsc00083ja5.jpg

the comic style one

sorry didn't have the time for shaving before this shooting...lol

COMICSUIT063b.jpg

mini-DSC_0615.jpg

Fantastic photos and your a great person to be a Batman. Well executed!!!
:love:thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back