Post your batman suits

29563596593_4247532c16_c.jpg
Untitled by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

UD Replica: AK batsuit
DarkKnightFX: gauntlets, belt, boots
HernandezEFX: cowl
AlterEgoHeroes: cape

Had a great first outing as Batman. Still need proper gauntlets / fins and a solution to sweat dripping from the front of the cowl. I think my bat could be raised a little higher as well.
24856584adc03c0de50c36e95d82083f.jpg
099c3cdf4136d168097d5b57d700d004.jpg
afadd9d39f72165fd0e74c7997a75678.jpg

Updated as of last night, finally got the cape mounted, as well as the chest piece in a better place. Didn't get the neck fully tucked in all the way, and no eye black because I had work today but, I'm loving it so far.

20161021_220417_zpskrjnq14o.jpg

Refinishing my 89 belt:

Metal Henry Wayne buckle has been cleaned and polished with Brasso.

All new belt strap. Like the previous one, this is from the same original 1988 Chevy side molding material, but now I learned a little more about how to paint and lacquer, and polished it to a shine.

The inside of the strap has a very strong adhesive that is extremely difficult to remove. I tried all manner of solvents and Goo Gone, scraping, cutting, etc. In the end, the only way physically remove the adhesive would be a Dremel. So instead, I decided to leave it and cover the inside of the belt with a thin lacquer coat, which in 15 minutes completely dried and neutralized the adhesive. Then a quick spray of flat black, and another quick lacquer spray and it's perfect.

I know the color is not accurate, but I like it.

bW027nr.jpg

xGfPgdF.jpg

Halloween2.jpgHalloween1.jpg

Here's mine courtesy of UD Replicas and Tiger Stone FX.
Posing with the Fam as they, and countless others, got to meet The Batman during a local Fall Festival :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back