Neckties!

I've already ordered the Moffet tie! I'm very glad to have been part of the process, I can't wait for it to arrive, only three more! And the Kilgrave the looks wonderful.

Very glad to see the School Reunion tie on your Twitter page, it's been a great couple of months for Tennant Ties!

Nice, just saw this too! Looks good, had to check the number of grids between the dots just to be sure though lol. Can't wait to see another Tennant tie, not many left now!

I know what you mean about the grids, it's a pretty tricky thing because it looks like a solid brown tie from afar, but after this tie there's only the Christmas Invasion and Dreamland ties left.

I know what you mean about the grids, it's a pretty tricky thing because it looks like a solid brown tie from afar, but after this tie there's only the Christmas Invasion and Dreamland ties left.

Haha sure...but then what about these!? ;)

DoctorWho-200_3644.jpg

Last edited:
Woah, I just looked up the Dreamland tie because I couldn't remember it, it's just a burgundy version of the Armani tie. I'd buy that.

Currently in the works we've got the Ood Tie, Dreamland Tie and Reunion Tie. Your wardrobes better be bigger on the inside! ;)

Still debating about the Invasion Tie.... I'd really like to have more to go on but, if not, we may have to get creative. Ricks says the tie is from "Lavin"... assuming he meant Lanvin. Anyone know where he got this info from?

If it's the same one used in a picture in: "Doctor Who: The Vault" then I think I've posted the picture here a while ago, another thing I can guess from it is that it's rather short, it couldn't reach the trousers, but maybe this was due to the thinner end being longer than the wider one.

I don't think it's too short, from what I can tell he tried to do a half Windsor knot to look good for their Christmas dinner and made it too big
The-Christmas-Invasion-doctor-who-17691745-500-281.jpg
6404f10e1b41664fe8da57e175bd885d.jpg
So then the ends of the tie didn't reach the trousers.

I know from interviews Tennant wanted the tie knot to be a little scruffy and not business like, so considering at the time of filming the Christmas invasion this was his first time filming with the suit, he probably did do a half windsor and then settled for the four in hand for the proper series 2.

Currently in the works we've got the Ood Tie, Dreamland Tie and Reunion Tie. Your wardrobes better be bigger on the inside! ;)

Still debating about the Invasion Tie.... I'd really like to have more to go on but, if not, we may have to get creative. Ricks says the tie is from "Lavin"... assuming he meant Lanvin. Anyone know where he got this info from?

Do it! DO IT! Lol sorry but I just really hope to see you do this one as well as it would just feel incomplete otherwise. Only really briefly started trying to roughly figure out the pattern awhile back but wanted to go back and start over just never got to it... Don't know if there might be a good basis for the sunflower? that the pattern appears to be to work from.

Like I said rough but first attempt lol.
Tie1.jpg

As for the Lavin designation I had always seen it listed as such on SR's blog but wondered where it had originated and was suggested that Louis Page had mentioned it in an interview? Rewatched the "Tie One Story" on the blog and didn't see it in the video portion but maybe it was mentioned "off screen". I've looked for both Lavin and Lanvin ties to see about anything similar but no luck so far...

Still...DO IT! :)

Last edited:
I would say the squares should be a little less pink. It reads to me in the episode as more of a neutral color, but blends a bit from a distance.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back