Neckties!

I know this has been mentioned but I wanted to cast my vote for this Tennant tie from Daleks in Manhattan, Voyage of the Damned and Silence in the Library.

I believe it has been established as being a dark Navy with a burgundy floral pattern.

t-tie.jpg

I know this has been mentioned but I wanted to cast my vote for this Tennant tie from Daleks in Manhattan, Voyage of the Damned and Silence in the Library.

I believe it has been established as being a dark Navy with a burgundy floral pattern.
I'm not going to say no to that one, either ;-)

The herringbone weave will be there, not to worry. Not sure when or if we'll get to the navy/burgundy floral tie as there are so many things in the works right now. I've had a few requests for the next Leatherface tie... may consider that as well in the future.

Keep in mind that not only does Indy have a lot of projects on his plate right now, but there's virtually NO reference for the Kenzo tie. It's never been worn with the top button of the jacket unbuttoned and it's never been on display anywhere. Unless some new reference comes to light, there's just not enough to make an accurate replica. If there was, I would have drawn it up by now and sent it to him.

I'm just resubmitting my vote for this tie ;)
I'm happy to wait for it, as well!

Oh and if you do get around to it, Mr. Magnoli, I've found another tie of the same brand which has the same pattern to use for reference!

Keep in mind that not only does Indy have a lot of projects on his plate right now, but there's virtually NO reference for the Kenzo tie. It's never been worn with the top button of the jacket unbuttoned and it's never been on display anywhere. Unless some new reference comes to light, there's just not enough to make an accurate replica. If there was, I would have drawn it up by now and sent it to him.
Maybe not anytime soon, but I'm sure one of us will eventually get their hands on an original.

Maybe not anytime soon, but I'm sure one of us will eventually get their hands on an original.

That in itself may not happen though, :(.
Not many Tennant ties have cropped up, the Armani, the Lacroix (Swirly), the St George by Duffer, maybe the Thomas Nash, and the mystery tie.
It's always good to be optimistic though, and I shall remain that. :)

Therefore no longer a mystery. It's a pretty cheap polyester tie, really only good since there are no other screen accurate blue suit ties for the time being.

Therefore no longer a mystery. It's a pretty cheap polyester tie, really only good since there are no other screen accurate blue suit ties for the time being.

I have one if anyone needs reference pictures, but again, it's not the most amazing tie in the world.

That in itself may not happen though, :(.
Not many Tennant ties have cropped up, the Armani, the Lacroix (Swirly), the St George by Duffer, maybe the Thomas Nash, and the mystery tie.
It's always good to be optimistic though, and I shall remain that. :)
Watching the Louise Page videos really brought home how rare the Ricci and Kenzo ties were, even at the time she got them.

I wonder if we could get lucky and find someone at kenzo who could pull some reference images.

Well, it's called the Mystery tie because it is a MYSTERY as to when it appeared on the show. Like I said, the only "known" appearance, is at a hospital. The mystery isn't the maker, it's when it appeared in an episode, if ever.

It didn't. We had assumed it must have despite all having viewed every episode and not seen it. It was most likely a random tie that they grabbed and threw on him for that public appearance. The only mystery to me is why if he was wearing the rest of the screen used costume did he not wear a screen used tie?

According to those videos, they only had a really small amount of Kenzo and Ricci ties, so I'm guessing they kept them closely guarded and didn't want to risk letting them out for a non-tv appearance like that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back