Neckties!

Looks great! Gotta scrounge another $60 from somewhere.

Question. Will it be made with or without the burgundy accents? I personally hope not, the tie looks far more elegant in just blue and brown, but it would (technically) be more accurate with the red.
Perhaps a choice?

I think it's the version from 'The Eleventh Hour'. I seem to recall that version did not have the red and was just blue and brown.

I've not seen red on the one in TEH, though they could have used one with red.

Examples:

Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 6.19.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-06-08 at 6.19.58 PM.png

Apologies for the low quality pictures, but they were the best I could get on my computer at this time.
I know the reverse side of the fabric is red though, you may have been seeing that.

Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 6.25.10 PM.png

Flash of red of the underside. Again, sorry for the poor quality.

The red in that picture is the lining of the tie. The red patches are really only visible in the fish custard scenes. Could be that specific lighting that made them pop or they could have used multiple ties I guess. Only somebody on set could answer that one.

Making My 11th Doctor Costume: A tie at the Eleventh Hour - the finishing touches
Steve Ricks has an interesting article about the tie, he apparantly got to see the real tie, and the red sections were simply painted on.

And indeed, the red sections WERE NOT on the tie during the location scenes
Doctor_Who_5x01_BTS_008.jpg

However, they were painted on during the fish custard scene, which presumably was filmed later.
Doctor_Who_5x01_Still_007.jpg

Here's one of Steve Ricks' pictures of the tie.
CLEAN+LACROIX.jpg
Where you can clearly see the red/maroon areas.
Making My 11th Doctor Costume: Doctor Who Celebration - wardrobe trailer

The question is then, since they were painted on the real tie. Should magnoli leave it up to the buyer to paint the area, or should the maroon areas the printed by magnoli?

Steve has documented the making of his own tie on his blog:
Making My 11th Doctor Costume: Christian Lacroix

We're leaving the tie WITHOUT the red parts. I figured there are plenty of people who want this tie without the red and if you really want screen accuracy, it should be hand-painted anyway.

The price on this one will likely be a little higher due to the heavy embroidery, so probably around $75 (shipped).

Interesting, I thought they had continuity people to make sure things like that did not happen?:lol
I had never noticed the red before. Thanks Risu and HaroldVonBraun, learn something new every day (or every other day at least).

Trying to convince my wife to do a couples costume for Halloween of the 1995 and 2012 versions of Rust Cohle from True Detective. Does anybody have any insight into where the neckties came from? I'm assuming they're likely off-the-shelf.

Trying to convince my wife to do a couples costume for Halloween of the 1995 and 2012 versions of Rust Cohle from True Detective. Does anybody have any insight into where the neckties came from? I'm assuming they're likely off-the-shelf.

Never mind. Further research shows that they were custom made by a company called Anto.

I received my Aztec "I" bow tie today.
Magnoli has once again done a fantastic job! The design and color threads are on point and could not be happier.
This is my second bow tie purchase from Magnoli, the first was the Series 6B Chevron tie which also met my strict expectations.
Makes me look forward to the Journey bow tie even more!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back