Neckties!

Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to the tie width of the Kingsman Tie?
I'd say 3 1/2", but I'd personally prefer to own it in a 3 1/4" or even 3". Indy, perhaps you can get a better idea from these pictures. Bremont-watches-kingsmen-9_enlarged.jpg kingsman0002.jpgThe sold out movie "tie-in" tie is in fact listed as, Width: 3"/ 8.5cm Length: 59" /150cm Kingmsan Tie-in Tie.jpgKingmsan tie in tie.JPG

Last edited:
I am also very interested in the Kingsman tie. I am assembling a Kingsman cosplay group and currently have 3 people but am growing it as the movie is around more. If you produce the tie we will all definitely buy them from you! I saw you also sell glasses on your shop and if you ever felt like adding more designs, kingsman glasses are a must for every cosplayer so that would be a nice option instead of going for close approximation in stores. I'd mainly be grateful for a tie.

If your bond ties sold well enough, this movie is practically the new bond.

I'd probably be in for the glasses. If it came down to choosing between Galahad's and Eggsy's, I'd probably have to pick Galahad's. I think they're the same shape, but his look to be a very dark tortoise where Eggsy's look more matte black.

More glasses seem like a great idea. Seeing as the bond ties sell well maybe one day we'll get the blue glasses from "The World Is Not Enough" or maybe something as simple as the glasses worn by Harry Potter, I'd love to see what else is in store after the Eleventh Doctor's spectacles come out..

I'd probably be in for the glasses. If it came down to choosing between Galahad's and Eggsy's, I'd probably have to pick Galahad's. I think they're the same shape, but his look to be a very dark tortoise where Eggsy's look more matte black.
I definitely agree here, I was glasses shopping for myself last week and there looks to be plenty of similar styles in black available.
Mr Porter carried sunglasses in the style but they sold out. You can still pull up the listing if you go through the wardrobe thing, but I was only able to pull one image off of it for some reason. Having both options would be cool too for matching and accuracy.
482984_mrp_in_l.jpg

Ok... this ball is rolling! I've estimated the stripes at about 6mm (2mm each) and 25mm between each set of stripes.

Indy, I'm sure this may be of no help at all, but I worked this up just in case it could be helpful.

I used measurements of my index finger width below the knuckle, and of the knuckle bone itself as a key scale. I know it won't be terribly accurate, but I thought my hand looked fairly close in proportion and so used that as a starting point. At any rate, it's the percentages would be more useful as you can plug in whichever measurement you'd like to use as a constant. I took two measurements of my knucklebone; One with a cm ruler (1cm) and one with a ruler in inches (.375in). Likewise, I took a measurement of finger in cm (2cm) and in inches (.8125in). This accounts for the slightly varying measurements as they are not conversions. In the center portion, I did make conversions from measurements in inches to millimeters from both sides, providing a range. Though the finger width on the right is likely to be more accurate. I was going to do the same for the measurements I took in centimeters to get a smaller margin of error, but I thought it might look too messy so I left them blank for now.

So by my calculations, the 2mm center red stripe sounds about right, though my estimation is a little smaller. If it would be at all useful, I could gladly rework the calculations using the 2mm red stripe as the constant value. I have a smaller estimate of the gap between stripe sets, but you're probably right as the gap would probably appear smaller as it curves in the knot.Kingsman Scaled Tie_grid.jpgKingsman Scaled Tie.jpg

The knot is a bad place to look to determine the pattern sizing. Ties are bias cut and stretchy, and when you tie a knot, it pulls the fabric taut, which pulls everything out of alignment. It makes some things larger and others smaller. The body of the tie is where you want to measure. Plus, hands and fingers vary dramatically in size. My estimation of the gap between stripes is between 1" and 1 1/8".

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back