Neckties!

This shot shows the pattern pretty well (when zoomed), and I've been looking and I saw something close. I'll shoot you a pm

BRJe-GTCcAAzB8p.jpg

It probably is from the look of it. I'm a huge fan of the scales patterned waistcoat as well. Been looking for the fabric for months and nothing even close has shown up. I want to do the Journey costume in February, but at the rate things are going it's not going to happen because of that fabric.

Modernboy on Gallifreybase has found it. I asked him where from and he won't tell me, all he says is that he has no info to share and it was the end of a roll from a store, but again he will not share the name of the store.

Ask E-wan here as he is friends with him so he will prob know too.

PM sent, and I'll never understand why someone wouldn't share findings. The internet was made for sharing information and especially when it comes to stuff where you've got the end of a roll or you bought the only bits of fabric in a store you might as well share since we're all just people who love the same stuff

On a slightly detached note, I'm amused by the fact I made the 1000th post of the necktie thread about a waistcoat. Perhaps it's own topic is in order?

I've already said my piece on this subject, so count me out on further discussion. Maybe you should start a waistcoat thread so we can keep the fabric search going without derailing Magnoli's thread, though.

That tie could definitely be a good reference for the replica. I thought about buying one, but it feels a little pointless since the Magnoli replica is coming soon. Plus its polyester.

I hadn't read that it was polyester. That's disappointing, I was hoping to buy it to wear as a summer-time tie, but that means I probably won't be bothering American friends to send me one since they won't ship to Australia.

Well on their website it says something like microfiber. Whenever they get creative with the fabric name on ties it's generally polyester.

Getting one of my American pals to send me one over, for a stitch perfect pattern I say it's worth having. Forgive my lack of tailoring knowledge, but what Steve Ricks suggested was it's possible this brand simply bought a pattern that happened to have previously been bought by Nash. Is it out of the realms of possibility Magnoli could purchase the same pattern but have it applied to your fabric of choice? Of course, I have no idea if that's financially viable.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back