Neckties!

I prefer the blue suit. Possibly because it's made of the canvassed shirt fabric as shown in mr, Ricks's blog it seems a little more stiff and creates more crisp straight lines, giving the Doctor a more authoritive and stronger look than the softer brown cotton offers. That and the Kenzo and Ricci are very pretty ties.
Brown and blue suit me better though, so thanks to the Doctor I wear this combination most days in some way.

Hey Indy, sort of unrelated to this thread, but every time I wear my Deckard tie, I wonder if you'll ever be able to create Deckard's "other" shirt. I'm sure I've asked about this before, but have you received any other interest in that shirt? Would it be something you'd be able to do in the future?

tumblr_mh8ot6Sktf1qdkmano1_1280.jpg

EDIT: Actually, I just dug up an old e-mail, back from January of 2012. You stated that due to the different parts of the shirt, it would be extremely expensive to create, which is understandable.

Last edited:
Oh my giddy aunt!

You guys - I went into the nearest Debenhams to me, looking for more of the slim Tennant 50th ties...and that's when I saw it.

The tie, the actual tie! I'm talking the blue ribbon, blue/white paisley lining tie! I immediately grabbed it and bought it along with a slim variant I saw as well.

£28 well spent - I went home a very happy bunny :)

Oh my giddy aunt!

You guys - I went into the nearest Debenhams to me, looking for more of the slim Tennant 50th ties...and that's when I saw it.

The tie, the actual tie! I'm talking the blue ribbon, blue/white paisley lining tie! I immediately grabbed it and bought it along with a slim variant I saw as well.

£28 well spent - I went home a very happy bunny :)

Awesome grab :) I've seen them going on ebay for over £200 0_o, can't believe people would pay that much for something that cost me £14.

Awesome grab :) I've seen them going on ebay for over £200 0_o, can't believe people would pay that much for something that cost me £14.

That was my arguement a couple of weeks back - I don't know why people ask for you to pay an arm and a leg for something that was originally £14 - madness! But now I have both, and paid normal prices for both, I'm in a good mood :)

I see that rebel1964 person is trying to flip/scalp magnoli ties again on the bay.

Yeah, I've noticed that as well...and he's not even listing them as Magnoli ties as well!

I personally have a Swirly Tie from good old Indy, only £40 - if people don't know that this tie can be bought there for that price, they're going to think that those ties actually cost the ridiculous amount that he's asking for...

That was my arguement a couple of weeks back - I don't know why people ask for you to pay an arm and a leg for something that was originally £14 - madness!

That's a shame, I was going to sell you a van gogh for twenty quid, but as he gave it away for free after he painted it, you won't be wanting it, then ;-)

Seriously, that's collecting. It's like that quote from Raiders of the Lost Ark:

"Look at this. It's worthless. Ten dollars from a vendor in the street. But I take it, I bury it in the sand for a thousand years, it becomes priceless!"

That fourteen pound tie probably only cost a couple of quid to make. It was probably only the forth favourite of the concepts the designer submitted in it's place, and you and I would also have completely passed it by if it weren't on Doctor Who, anyway. I grant you, I have heard people say "the value of something is what you will pay for it", and those are normally rich people who have that luxury. But scarcity times demand, equals value.

Last edited:
I personally have a Swirly Tie from good old Indy, only £40 - if people don't know that this tie can be bought there for that price, they're going to think that those ties actually cost the ridiculous amount that he's asking for...
I have a Swirly from Indy as well, don't know why anyone would buy from any where else. Just waiting on the Ricci and the new Giorgio and I can die happy :) ..... but if he could ever do the Kenzo that would be amazeballs

The Ricci Curse continues... the ties should have arrived last week, but customs has stopped them and I just had to pay to get them cleared (usually these get through no problem but... the Ricci Ties are CURSED!). Hopefully I'll have them by the end of this week...

At first I thought that wouldn't be so bad, but then I realised it's not a dark blue by any means. Basically a cyan tie with small burgundy flowers doesn't sound that nice :wacko

Hold on guys, a week isn't so bad. What's bad is if they inverted the colors.

Yeah... I don't think I'd be surprised if I opened the package to find a ton of bright pink polka-dotted ties. With this project... anything is possible!

Personally, I think opening the Ricci package is going to be like opening the lost Ark. Empty but for some sand at the bottom, but then a blast of light, and all that's left of Magnoli is a hat and a customs invoice. Knowing how this project is going.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back