Neckties!

Next up is the silk version of the St. George Tie... then we'll look at the Nash.
Nice! That's great news for all us couples who cosplay 10 and Rose from Idiots Lantern.

Not the best episode, but an iconic look, and what I reckon would be a pretty nice tie, especially if on a better material than the original.

Last edited:
I'm not happy. Not happy at all.

I seem to have found the actual tie (not the slim version) from eBay user "rebel_1964", but when I try to message him about the details of the tie, he comes back with cryptic nonsense...

Is he to be trusted?

I was just looking at his other tie myself, the things he puts up seem to be awfully rushed. For example, he lists the Utopia tie as both original and a replica.
What did he say exactly?

I was just looking at his other tie myself, the things he puts up seem to be awfully rushed. For example, he lists the Utopia tie as both original and a replica.
What did he say exactly?

Okay, the entire conversation went like this...

Me: Hi. I'm interested in buying this tie, but what is the lining of the tie, please?

Him: These aren't the droids you're looking for!

Me: What does that mean? What is the lining of the tie, please?

Him: Any colour you want it to be! For a small charge, I can put any lining in it you like.

Me: Please, can I get a straight answer? What is the lining of the tie, please? Is it plain light blue, or does it have a blue and white floral pattern inside the tie?

Him: The way to find out, is to buy it and take a look!

Me: Look, the reason I'm asking is that I have the slim version of the tie, and it has a pale blue lining. The one I'm looking for has a blue and white floral pattern lining. So, I will ask again, and please, please give me a straight answer. What is the lining of the tie, please?

Him: I'm not going to tell you!

Me: Why not? I feel I have asked a relevant question, yet you're not going to answer it?

It's been 20 minutes since I've sent the last message, and he's no longer answering me. I've tried to get some information about an item, yet he's refusing to give information. Is that even legal?

First up, I'll say I've sold some original who ties on the bay in the past. You do get a lot of antsy, urgent questions from fans so this seller is not going to be feeling any pressure to answer to one individual buyer. I honestly don't know if you are obligated to give information, I would guess it's a best practices thing. If push comes to shove you are always covered as a buyer, if you were to try and return it on the grounds that it's the slim and not the original, and they refuse, this email chain would be more than enough to get your money back. But why go through the hassle? Ebay is crawling with these ties at the moment.

I do see he's listed the Utopia duffer using a picture from Steve Ricks blog. That is a violation of ebay terms and could get the auction pulled.

Excuse the self-shot, but here's my "50th" tie. One of my favourite 10nnant ties, I would say.

IMG_20130504_202745.jpg

I agree, its a beautiful tie! Looking snazzy Dave!

I only have 2-3 I REALLY like of Tennants brown suit ties and this one is slowly become a favourite due to many reasons....plus owning an original is way cool!

That ebay seller sounds familiar, but I know that particular person wouldn't be going by an alternate name. He's too proud of his antics for that. Don't buy from him.

Justin, what are your favorites of Tennant's ties? I love both blue suit ties, but of the browns I'm a big fan of the Armani, Lacroix, Hechter, and now this new Duffer as well. I honestly don't see the appeal of the Nash tie, and the older Duffer was nice, but nothing particularly special.

. . . the older Duffer was nice, but nothing particularly special.

That's interesting! I love the old Duffer tie, with the subtle lines it makes from a distance and the incredible detail it has up close, I find it to be one of the most beautiful ties I've ever seen. In contrast, I find the Hechter tie to be uninteresting and the only oft used Ten Tie that I'd never really consider buying, even for cosplay purposes.

I love the original Duffer myself. I actually liked it a lot when it ended up in Life on Mars first and wanted it then. Then later when the Doctor wore it I knew it was a must. But I do agree, for Tennant's brown suit the Duffer-1, Giorgio, Lacroix, Hechter, (and I'll add) The Impossible Planet, and the Duffer-2 are some of the best.

That said, I would gladly cosplay with the Nash - since I know Rose cosplayers who do the pink dress, and the Yves Saint Laurent - while simple it was a an anniversary episode to me.

My Favourites have always been the Christian Lacroix Swirly, The Armani and Daniel Hechter last... This one is quickly gaining my favouritism :p For the blue suit I quite like the two floral ones.

That's not to say that I would not like the others to own, but my preference has always been those :)

Really? Huh, it's interested how we all seem to love the suit but differ on the ties. Actually, I wonder how many of us prefer one suit over the other. I'm a brown suit fan all the way. Like the blue, but no where near as much.

I definitely prefer the brown as well, but I appreciate the weirdness of the blue. I still think mine is a little too light in color, that and the lack of screen accurate ties are what has kept me from ever wearing it. The brown fabric is definitely nicer stuff than the blue, though.

I agree with you on the ties. I can do the Smith and Jones, 42 and Journey's End looks but I'd love to be able to do the Silence in the Library look, which honestly all I need is the Kenzo tie.

I do have a good Doctor's Daughter close enough, but there really isn't as many looks for the blue suit as there are the brown.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back