Neckties!

Yeah I know, I showed the manager there both webpages and the first thing he said was "That's not blue, it's brown". I called customer services about it, asked them to check the stock levels for my local area and apparently on their system it had different description again, men's Chinese flower tie if I remember correctly.

It's just Debenham's being awkward.

I remember getting ridiculously excited when I found the ties still in stock on the Debenhams Wedding site.
I was very confused, I don't think they update it very much.

Hey Guys, Dave Ward, Punchbuggyblues and I just received our ties from debenhams.com and I figured I would post these pics Punchbuggy took to show that the standard (non slim) ties do come in the pattern same as Tennant's (as seen on the left two) as well as rotated 180 (seen on the right).

Dave, Punchbuggy and I went scouring the internet the second those pics hit the net and Dave actually found the debenhams site a couple hours before Ricks posted his blog, so thankfully we were able to purchase our ties before the mad rush sell out. What made it worse for me was that I was on vacation and trying to search on my phone which just wasn't going fast enough at all. So I can't thank Dave Ward and Punchbuggyblues enough for all their help and kindness. Thank guys!

These may have taken their time getting the the US but the wait was worth it!

image_1367357754851422_zpsb380ca57.jpg

image_1367358524659566_zps174ab4e0.jpg

Last edited:
I had a hunch since they announced Tennant in the 50th special that it would end up being another Duffer tie, mad as that sounds. We can thank Steve Rick's excellent blog and video series for that insight though! I remember going home to London last year and wandering around the tie section of Debenhams Oxford Street, thinking how it must have been to have all those screen used ties on the rack. Fantastic that we had one more shot at this for the 10th Doctor.

Hey everyone. I'm heading up to the city today to a big debenhams store to see if they have any ties left. Now I can't guarantee that they will but if they do I will buy them for members here as I already have one. if anyone wants one pm me, first come first serve. Hopefully they will have some but in all likelihood if they do it will be the slim version

My friend in the UK had one of the stores do a complete stock search and there aren't any of either version left in any of the UK stores.

My friend in the UK had one of the stores do a complete stock search and there aren't any of either version left in any of the UK stores.
Interesting. Didn't know there were that many of us out there!
Incidentally, when I found the tie, it was also listed on amazon, with 4 in stock. I don't think that there were vast quantities of it out there online to begin with.

I had a hunch since they announced Tennant in the 50th special that it would end up being another Duffer tie, mad as that sounds. We can thank Steve Rick's excellent blog and video series for that insight though!

Oh yeah, his blog is a great resource. I'm often on his tie index.

Risu, i think they lied to your friend or didn't search properly. i found at least half a dozen slim versions today. i didn't buy any because i wasn't sure if i could unload them and i personally dont need that many ties lol. they were pretty well hidden, if i get enough interest i will make a trip up probably monday since i am working all weekend but i need interest, its an 80 mile round trip :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I am actively excited to see pictures. You don't even know, man. Indy and I have been working on this thing for like, 3 years.

Awesome on the Ricci ties! Been waiting for a while, I don't have many ties that go well with the blue suits that are screen accurate.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back