Neckties!

I don't know if this one was mentioned, but I would love Bruce Wayne's tie from the dinner date in TDK:

thedarkknight18.jpg

I want to second the Tony Stark Jericho tie from a few pages back. (My daughter has become obsessed with the Iron Man movies, so I've been seeing that one a lot. Already have the Monaco one.)

Also, Q's tie from the museum scene in Skyfall.

Definitely very different. As was mentioned before, Tennant's is way "stemmier". Kenzo seems to make almost exclusively floral ties, so I've seen a ton that are similar to that one over the years, but somehow never the real one. Go figure.

Doctor Who replicas aside for a moment, that's a very pretty tie. I envy whoever won it.
One day we'll find our original Kenzo, though. One day. . .

Definitely very different. As was mentioned before, Tennant's is way "stemmier". Kenzo seems to make almost exclusively floral ties, so I've seen a ton that are similar to that one over the years, but somehow never the real one. Go figure.

I keep meaning to write to the company to see if I can get hold of some photos of the original...

That's not a bad idea, but I don't know if it will produce results. Another member actually went in to Nina Ricci and Armani HQ and showed them pictures of those ties (and all the serial number info from my Armani tie) and they couldn't even find record of them.

That's not a bad idea, but I don't know if it will produce results. Another member actually went in to Nina Ricci and Armani HQ and showed them pictures of those ties (and all the serial number info from my Armani tie) and they couldn't even find record of them.

Agreed, but it depends on who you get to talk to and how you go about it.

Has anyone made any other inroads with Nina Ricci?

Going to the front-of-house was a good idea but in itself may not be enough. The likelihood of the front desk staff knowing, or being able to call to reception, someone who would have details of an old tie on an impromptu visit is pretty slim to say the least. Front line customer service is going to give you a boilerplate answer and is unlikely to escalate the question. Happy to take this on as a pet project for both ties.

Last edited:
Most likely around that time, yea. Possibly fall/winter 05. Louise could have picked them up on her first shopping trip and they just worked out better for the blue suit later, too. Most likely not older than that, though.

And yea, the Kenzo is the only tie that can't be seen in any pictures. There was one picture in a making of Who book that I saw once where Tennant was wearing a birthday hat and had the jacket open, but the picture went off the bottom of the page right where the jacket normally covers it up. If you could track down that full picture, it would be very helpful.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back