Neckties!

Costume designer/buyer Louise Page said herself (on Steve Ricks rather fine series of videos about the Tennant neckties) that the original was one of the most beauitful ties she'd ever seen. Got to agree, it does look great.

Got my darker swirly yesterday and I have to say it looks stunning next to my suits. Comes across as black and it's a very nice look. Going to make it one of my go-to ties.

Outdid yourself, Indy!

Here is a close-up of the latest design:

Tjb45576-1126-2.jpg

The blue will be made darker, but the purple is more or less accurate.

The plain "I" on top of the silk looked blah and cheap, so I decided to do a full jacquard weave (where all the surface of the tie has a woven design). The extra depth of the weave will look a lot more striking in person and will get the same effect as the original.

Yeah, the color on this one is really tricky. I'm waiting to see the real swatch before tweaking the color. Ricci Ties and Utopia Ties are in the works right now. The bad news is that I'll be taking a big break over the December and January, so I probably won't be shipping out any of the new runs until the end of January.

Yeah, the color on this one is really tricky. I'm waiting to see the real swatch before tweaking the color.

I'm confused - you said earlier in the thread that the bow ties were in production. Are they in production or are you still tweaking the design and color?

I should have said "pre-production" but we have been actively working on them, unlike a few other tie projects which are on the back-burner waiting for these to be finished.

Fair enough. Is there any chance of de-busying that pattern to help it look more like what we see on screen. Something like:

itiev2.jpg

So with your orders resuming on January 23, will those of us going to Gallifrey One in February be able to order ties and get them in time for the con?

Here is a close-up of the latest design:

Tjb45576-1126-2.jpg

The blue will be made darker, but the purple is more or less accurate.

Re: Neckties!
Fair enough. Is there any chance of de-busying that pattern to help it look more like what we see on screen. Something like:
itiev2.jpg

They look the same to my not particularly detail specific eyes.

Woops, I do see a difference with the small stripes.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back