Neckties!

That's still a cotton so wouldn't have the same slight sheen. The denim I've got is very lightweight and looks to be a great match to the color and texture of the original. It just lacks that shine, implying the original has a silk content.

That's still a cotton so wouldn't have the same slight sheen. The denim I've got is very lightweight and looks to be a great match to the color and texture of the original. It just lacks that shine, implying the original has a silk content.

Ok cool. I will prob order one when my jacket is ready to be sent back - btw, any word yet on that? Did you get it yet?

Indy...can you tell me at least what this tie is made from?
I would pay you right now to start working on a replica...
bluebowtie.png
I AGREE I WOULD ALSO PAY TO HAVE THAT BOW TIE! I've looked everywhere for a tie similiar and right now im just using a basic red CLIP-ON ): bow tie with my 11th Costume....

So if the S6 burgundy tie is indeed a basket-weave silk, can't it be as easy as getting a stock of basket weave silk and dye it to color, then have them made?

Well, another option along these lines is to find the right fabric locally, then send it to us to make the tie for you.

On the dw_cosplay forum this tie was always described as having a "bark" pattern. Up close it looks textured and denim like. But I think Indy is right, the tie is silk. We also know that both 11's blue bow ties are freestyle (self tie) bow ties. He has two burgundy one that showed up in the Christmas episode was free style, and the other one is pre tied is is worn more often.

Oh, I think you guys will like this:

Now that someone (pumpkiny) actually has a Christian Lacroix tie, will we ever see a new version? A Mark III?
http://tennantsuit.blogspot.com/2012/02/cristian-lacroix-hens-tooth-tie.html#more

Um, not trying to go off topic here, but any good ideas for the striped shirt that 11 wears in series 6?

Steve Ricks is the only one who makes an accurate replica of this shirt. It's pricey but worth it for total screen accuracy.
If you are on more of a budget, you will have to shop around for a close-enough alternative - bring a printout image of the shirt with you when you go shopping so you can compare.

Train of thought from Steve Rick's fantastic 10 tie blog - the Nina Ricci tie. Has anyone ever been able to get a look at the full tie?

Louise Page said that even she could only get her hands on a couple so it's sounds like there aren't many out there "in the wild".

I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but the tie was on display and myself and at least a couple other people have had a look at it.

I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but the tie was on display and myself and at least a couple other people have had a look at it.

Yeah, I know you saw one in person, I just wasn't sure if you were able to get a look at the full tie, to see the complete pattern. Who knows, maybe there's a big smiley face at one end?

Here are a couple of teaser shots:

actual test print of our Monaco Tie sample:

magproto-stark1.jpg

new digital design for our new Ricci Tie prototype:

magproto-ricci1.jpg

Kind regards,
Indy

The herringbone texture is present, it's visible if you zoom on a phone, but not on my monitor anyway. Indy, I like the finalized pattern, that trouble spot got worked out very well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back