Neckties!

Glad you have that up now!
I'm also looking at what the Series 6 burgundy bowtie could be made from - anyone have any high-res screen caps?

I had to learn to do it for a show I was in, and it was a real pain! I could rarely get it perfect - and I just like the ease of a pre-tied. It always looks perfect.

I had to learn to do it for a show I was in, and it was a real pain! I could rarely get it perfect - and I just like the ease of a pre-tied. It always looks perfect.

Ah, but that can be a good thing. A perfect bow tie is normally a pre-tie. A bit of asymtery can show a touch of class. :thumbsup

It's really not that hard after a while. Just find a good video tutorial and practice a few times. If you fiddle with it for a little while, it's not even that hard to make it look perfect.

The key to tying a bowtie is this: it's the same as tying your shoe! Most people forget this and make it a lot more complicated than it is. If you keep in mind your shoelaces while doing it, it's a cinch!

Indy, any chance you can try and find the right material for the Series 6 burgundy bowtie?
I was watching my Blu Rays today and saw in some tight shots that it looks to be a basket-weave silk, but it has a subtle purple hue in the fibers, I can't really explain it youd have to see it.
I figure while you're at it with the blue ties, you could also offer the burgundy one since there has yet to be anyone to offer an accurate option for this. He seems to wear the burgundy tie the most.

To replicate the pattern accurately, we'd have to do a custom fabric. It might be worth doing for this particular tie since it's a standard. Could you e-mail me some more images of this tie? The one in that thread would be good for the actual fabric pattern, but I'd like to see more of the tie itself. Any photos of the tie untied would be great!

Kind regards,
Magnoli

To replicate the pattern accurately, we'd have to do a custom fabric. It might be worth doing for this particular tie since it's a standard. Could you e-mail me some more images of this tie? The one in that thread would be good for the actual fabric pattern, but I'd like to see more of the tie itself. Any photos of the tie untied would be great!

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Yes, the burgundy tie is worn the most, and he seems to have worn the check shirt the most through series 6 as well, including the Christmas Carol special.
If you feel you can replicate the fabric for the shirt I'd like to put my money in the pot for one.
As for the bowtie, I will have to ask anyone who can capture images from Blu ray or may have promotional images that show it off.
Watching my blu ray, I can see in some shots it almost has a purple hue in the fibers.

Indy,
Email sent.
Here are botie reference images - I sent a few of these to you via email. Thanks to Terrasolo for getting some of these for me...
Right now, Id like to order both S6 Blue ties and the burgundy if we can nail that one...
ScreenShot2012-02-26at44246PM.png

Jimmy-Series-6-Red-Wedding-of-River-Song.jpg

xmasshirt.png

Jimmy-Series-6-Blue-Wedding-of-River-Song.jpg

Jimmy-Series-6-Blue-God-Coplex.jpg

Jimmy-Series-5-Blue-The-Lodger.jpg

I probably say this every couple of pages, but especially looking at Steve Rick's blog today, I'd love to see the Thomas Nash Tennant tie.

The only way to do this tie is going to be doing a custom fabric and a large run. I'm looking into this, but I've got a bunch of tie projects going on all at once (and a few thousand dollars tied up in these ties) so I may have to put this one of a little. But it's officially on my "to do" list.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back