Neckties!

smith-bowtie-proto-weave.jpg

Big :thumbsup to this!

Indy,
I am totally down with the "Aztec" bowtie - ANY chance at all you can figure out the OTHER blue bowtie he wears? I can't describe it, maybe someone can help?

We've got a great light-weight denim that would probably work perfect for this. It's available in navy, indigo and black. Positioning the weave correctly should render a very accurate tie:

2062-hl.jpg

We've got a great light-weight denim that would probably work perfect for this. It's available in navy, indigo and black. Positioning the weave correctly should render a very accurate tie:

2062-hl.jpg

If you can get it to look like the picture - color and all, count me in. But can you make it pre-tied? Self tying bowties is a nightmare I vowed never to do again!!

Yes, we can do it pre-tied. Do you have other images of this tie besides that close up? It almost looks black in that photo.

Yes, we can do it pre-tied. Do you have other images of this tie besides that close up? It almost looks black in that photo.

It does look very dark! That seems to be the "best" image of it, I can ask a friend to get me HD screen grabs - let me know how much you want for it...

All custom ties are $65: Custom Necktie

If that shot is accurate to the color, the black might be the best bet. But it is clearly a dark blue, we do have navy and indigo, so depending on the exact shade we should be able to get a good match.

The swatch I posted above is dark blue. Here is an image of the black pinpoint denim (over the top of a solid wool blend) with a piece of black leather for comparison. The blue cloth at the very top is a royal blue wool blend.

denim-swtch.jpg

I'm going to check with our fabric supplier as I've only got a sample of the black in this exact fabric on hand, though I do have other denims with the right color. Once I get confirmation I'll let you know which would work best.

Just found this photo which shows the tie being a bit more blue... though it is dark and very dull.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/pho...Astronaut-karen-gillan-22930546-1920-1080.jpg

Yes, that's right on the money! If you're confident you can get me that bowtie - officially put me down for that one (let's call it the "Denim" tie) and also for the "Aztec" tie.

I think the dark blue 8oz denim will do the trick. The only problem is that the original tie looks like it might have a slight sheen to it, but denim, as you would expect, is matte.

It is frustrating how the blue ties look so different in different lights, but it is definitely a blue black (with a little purple hue to it).

Indy, I'd be down for one of these ties as well, but not pre-tied. I don't think there is anyway to get that tie to look like it does on the show by making it pre-tied. Also it gets untied in the Wedding of River Song so there is at least one version of it that is self tie.

Frosty, tying a bow tie just takes practice but once you get it down it is actually quite easy. I can do it without looking at this point.

Here are scans of the indigo and navy:

2062-111.jpg

Both are very rich colors, so they will not be mistaken for black. So, if you want a blue version, I would recommend the Navy, if you want something darker/duller go with the Black. These will all be custom jobs, so there are no runs, and they can be made self-tie or pre-tied. E-mail me for more info.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back