Hammer Horror props - let's see 'em!

ob1al

Sr Member
Like many here, I am a huge fan of Hammer horror.

Chris Lee, Peter Cushing et al...ah, such happy childhood memories!

I'd love to see what related props/displays folks here have.

:)

I'd love to see a Peter Cushing as Dr. Frankenstein bust. Mr. Barlow are you planning one of these?

I'd love to see what else is out there.

Well
I plan a Lee,Cushing and Price for fullsize figures.
Price was started awhile back, I might jump to Lee quite soon, leaving sweet lil Cushing till last :lol

I love these 3 actors and hope my sculpts capture them nicely.

Russ

I have none to share, but I know Wampa has done some beautiful busts. I too, absolutely adore Hammer Horror.

Thanks for the kind words! Some pics below... including a few rarely-seen variations on my Cushing sculpt which I made for a friend who's a huge Frankenstein collector.

And yeah, I'm another big Hammer fan!!

I'll post a followup with some other artist's Hammer work in my collection...

best,
Tom

Christopher Lee as Dracula
Leeweb.jpg

Peter Cushing as Baron Frankenstein from Curse of Frankenstein
CushingBaronweb.jpg

Peter Cushing as Baron Frankenstein from Curse of Frankenstein (tormented prisoner look!)
CushingPrisoner8.jpg

Peter Cushing as "Dr. Karl Victor" (aka Baron Frankenstein!) in Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell! (gotta love the wig he wore in that film!)
CushingFromHell7.JPG

Peter Cushing as "Dr. Frankk" from the end of Revenge of Frankenstein
CushingRevenge2.JPG

Here's an odd one that was a request... the lifeless body assembled as an "escape plan" for the good Baron in Revenge of Frankenstein
CushingWrapped.jpg

And this was one I did just for fun many years ago... the finish work is kinda simple but the concept was a lot of fun... Cushing from Brides of Dracula, just after burning out the vampire's bite!
Cushing Brides of Drac.jpg

Last edited:
OK, here's a follow up with some photos of Hammer busts by other artists which I've collected. Some good stuff out there :)

enjoy!

Chris Lee Frankenstein (Carol Hicks)
LeeFrank.jpg

Chris Lee Mummy (Carol Hicks)
LeeMummy.jpg

Monster from Hell (Facades F/X)
Hellmonster.jpg

Evil of Frankenstein (Facades F/X)
Kiwi.jpg

Curse of the Werewolf (Henry Alverez/Wayne Strong sculpt, my finish work)

CurseofWolfWEB.jpg

I absolutely love both Tom's Dracula and that Causey Dracula! They both capture different moments so effectively. Bravo, fellas!

Now somebody make some 1:1 Twins of Evil. :love

twinssx8.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a couple of small Hammer props I've recently acquired.

First, pics of the original props; Dracula's Clasp from 'Taste the blood of Dracula' and the glass vial used to store Dracula's ashes in both 'Taste the blood' and 'Dracula AD1972':

Here are the replicas I found; first, a Dracula Clasp directly from Hammer. It bears a close resemblence to the screen used original, but there are some some discrepencies suggesting that the original mold / master has been modified or resculpted - I'll discuss the glass tube in a moment:

The tube - after a bit of detective work, I identified the original as a Victorian / Edwardian scent bottle. I finally managed to track one down, a Victorian faceted glass silver topped bottle, hallmark London 1896 - coincidentally one year before Dracula was published, in 1897!

Here's another shot with a DVD in the background for scale:

Regards!

Al

This is my COTW bust by the master Mike Hill. One of my favorite pieces I own! I also have a COTW "big head" bust from Earthbound Studios. AWESOME piece, just no pics.
photo.jpg

(Thanks WC!)

-B89! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back