Sideshow Exclusive Samaritan Review (Pic HEAVY!)

CeSquared

Sr Member
This just arrived so I figured I'd photograph it while I was unwrapping and assembling it to save me having to do it again later.

The shipping box is huge. And with all Sideshow products states what it is on the outside. Thankfully, UPS must get a signature with this item so hopefully it won't get left on anyone's porch to get stolen. If you buy from a 3rd party, no promises on that though.

ImportedPhotos00078.jpg

The inner box is just as large with nice graphics on all sides.
ImportedPhotos00080.jpg

ImportedPhotos00081.jpg

Take it out and you are greeted with a nice big piece of styrofoam.
ImportedPhotos00085.jpg

Included in the Exclusive edition are:
- The Samaritan
- 2 piece (4 if you include the brackets) stand that can be wall mounted if you don't want it to be a desk or bookshelf sitter.
- 4 metal rounds
- 4 plastic "Tracer" rounds
- 8 extra batteries (2 for each Tracer round)
I admit the spare batteries were a nice touch.
ImportedPhotos00107.jpg

The base and stand are nice. The bottom has 4 recesses to display the extra 4 rounds. They are clearly made to display the Tracer rounds as they have a deeper recess for the primer button on the tracer round.
ImportedPhotos00112.jpg

The "Tracer" rounds are all plastic with a green LED. To open them, you simply pull on the bottom portion of the casing. The "on/off" button is the primer on the bottom of the casing. To my surprise, it already comes with batteries installed. You simply have to pull out the plastic divider. NOTE: When pulling out the plastic divider, keep one finger on the batteries to make sure they are all the way in. I thought I had a dead round and it turned out to be a bad connection.
ImportedPhotos00113.jpg

ImportedPhotos00114.jpg

ImportedPhotos00115.jpg

ImportedPhotos00099.jpg

ImportedPhotos00102.jpg

You might have to play "musical round" to get them to fit into the chamber. If one does not fit, give it a slight push.

ImportedPhotos00095.jpg

The standard rounds are all metal and feature the same engraving on the bottom. They all fit into the chamber perfectly.

ImportedPhotos00089.jpg

ImportedPhotos00104.jpg

The Samaritan itself is quite nice IMO. It's big, heavy, extremely impractical as a sidearm, and just BADASS. The paintjob was darker than I expected based on the pics in the other Samaritan thread. It features a moving trigger, hammer, and spinning chamber. I call them "moving" not "working" since the hammer does not lock, nor does the trigger and the chamber just spins. It opens with a button on the top left of the gun.
ImportedPhotos00118.jpg

ImportedPhotos00117.jpg

ImportedPhotos00092.jpg

ImportedPhotos00093.jpg

ImportedPhotos00091.jpg

ImportedPhotos00105.jpg

Overall, it's a nice display piece. Nothing more. But you could certainly beat someone to death with it.

The base and stand are done beautifully. As are the metal rounds. They are big, shiny, and have a nice weight to them. The grip on the Samaritan, though not wood, is painted pretty nicely. I have no complaints about it. I also have no complaints about the weathering and finish of the gun itself. Noone I know is going to go over it and nitpick since the gun really isn't seen that much in the movie up close.

DISLIKES: I put this in bold cause these I really don't like.

The Tracer rounds. While nice, the "pull-apart" design is terrible. 2 out of 4 of mine don't stay together. If I hold them upside down, they separate and fall apart. Also, since the on/off button is the primer, they do not sit flush if you put them casing down. These were clearly designed to be displayed on the base, not put into the gun. If you put them into the gun, the bullet could separate since the gun is displayed barrel down. I had one separate and the botton stayed in the chamber and the “bullet” slid down into the barrel. I had to take the gun off the stand, take out all 4 rounds, turn it barrel up, and poke the bullet out with my finger through the barrel.

The brackets supporting the Samaritan are REALLY loose. I worry that they will fall out with or without my Samaritan on them. I might actually glue them into the stand.

The loosely spinning chamber is also a tad annoying. It spins so smoothly, I would have thought it was on a ball bearing. If you had to play Russian Roulette with this gun, you wouldn’t have to worry because the chamber would never stop spinning. A little resistance would be nice.

What does everyone else think of theirs?

Last edited by a moderator:
A big Mahalo for sharing your photos and thoughts!

I'd still love to get my hands on one of these - metal or plastic (although the metal looks amazing). Still can't figure out why they didn't make a working trigger/hammer after going through all the trouble of making metal versions. Can't wait to see RPF folks stripping off the paint and adding wood grips.

I just got mine. Yes the tracer rounds are kinda lame and the grips are not wood but the stand and the gun are just amazing. I owned the resin one before and this thing is so much nicer. I for one am extremely happy with my purchase.

Nice job Sideshow! :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than the addition of the tracer bullets, is there anything that distringuishes this from the regular version? ie, special packaging, a certificate, anything or or they just thrown in with the regular version?

Other than the addition of the tracer bullets, is there anything that distringuishes this from the regular version? ie, special packaging, a certificate, anything or or they just thrown in with the regular version?

No, so your not really missing much. I have a feeling we will be seeing a run of nice metal tracers from someone eventuly.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back