captain America shield

looks like its a good size, fill in those holes for the rope handles and weld some new handle mounts or whatever you want closer to the center and it would be great...

If you get it, post photos. It would be nice to see its shape when viewed from the side.

A welder can probably help you set something up on the reverse side so you can attach leather straps.

I have 3 of those things, but I bought em off QVC ~2 years ago. I was going to make a cap shield and have some vinyl stickers done to make it a lot easier than painting.

Well, turns out I don't have any talent for vinyl stickering, and now I have 3 sleds and I live in Louisiana.

They will, however, make excellent cap shields. Cut the rope, epoxy/steel putty the holes, grind the crap out of the round side to get the paint off, repaint, glue some leather straps on there with 2 ton epoxy and BLAMMO, one not so instant Cap shield.

Chris

those are similiar to what i use to make my cap shields...
sled.jpg

i cut them down
IMG_2949.jpg

but there powder coated...
IMG_2876.jpg

and with a little time and care...
IMG_2807-1.jpg

you get what you started out to do...
IMG_4121.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back