The Thing - custom vinyl toy (lots of pictures)

Knightjar

Sr Member
This was my entry for a local Munny custom show. Last time around I came second with a Blade Runner themed entry, so I decided to stick with the favourite 80's movie theme and do something from The Thing.

I had to take a few liberties with the scene to make it work, but I'm quite pleased with the result. Thanks for looking!

thing_munny_complete_1.jpg

thing_munny_complete_2.jpg

thing_munny_complete_3.jpg

thing_munny_complete_4.jpg

thing_munny_complete_5.jpg

thing_munny_complete_6.jpg

thing_munny_complete_7.jpg

That is just brilliant, one of my fav films & you have really done one of the best scene's proud. Top notch. Ace, super, Flippin great, & very cool.

That is AWESOME!!!!!

For a while I thought it was made off of Mighty Muggs (the hands and body shape are pretty close), but the head shape was throwing me off.

The paintjob on Kurt is AMAZING, but the sculpt on the spider head is just flat out extraordinary!

One hell of a job on the scariest movie scenes that scarred me as a child :D

Chris

That is great. Looks just like Kurt Russell. That must have been a blast to make. Make more.

Sweet

I don't know how you got through it. I would have been laughing to hard to get anything done. I love them both, and I hope you enter one of those contests. I hear people win money for that kind of work. Really beautiful work. Great stuff.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back