Lego Batman Kids Costume

kwdesigns

Well, I was given a big challenge. My Son asked me "2 weeks ago" to make him this costume. I do not have my Son with me all the time so making sure this would fit him was almost a guessing game. The challenge was not just trying to make this look like Lego Batman but he needs to move in it. I had to engineer/design, make/sculpt the molds, vac-form the parts, paint and assemble it within this 2 week time frame. Not to mention real work is VERY busy for me right now. Lets just say I haven't slept much. I also had to stretch the look of the parts to fit him. He is a little tall for a Lego Character.

He had his School Carnival yesterday and the kids from his school went nuts. (and the adults)
Here is a link to my Photobucket so you can see how I made this for him. I also have a short video at the end of him walking at his school.

I need to thank Mike A. (TK-4510) for getting the chest decal to me so fast!

Thanks for looking... http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s58/kwdesigns2/Lego Batman/
Kevin W.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool, and well done. :)

But I hate it when I have to look at things that are sideways. :rolleyes

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky little boy having a cool dad like you.

I need to ask - did he ever fall over in the costume? Looks like it would be impossible to get up in - much like a 3po costume.

:lol really fantastic costume! I really needed that laugh, thanks.

Can he run in it? How tall is he?

Also, moving to the correct forum. ;)

Lucky little boy having a cool dad like you.

I need to ask - did he ever fall over in the costume? Looks like it would be impossible to get up in - much like a 3po costume.

Luckily he never feel, came close at one point. He would not be able to get up on his own if he fell.

:lol really fantastic costume! I really needed that laugh, thanks.

Can he run in it? How tall is he?

Also, moving to the correct forum. ;)

No he cant run. That was about as fast as he could go. I am think of another way to help him out so he could go faster. Sorry I posted in the wrong form area. From the floor to his shoulders is 45 inches.

Kevin, thats freakin sick dude! I think you need to do one for me now ;)

If you want one let me know but I think your a bit tall for a Lego Charater. What are you now 6'4" and growing?

This is the most adorable (not to mention AWESHUM) costume I have seen this year! I love the little lego men, they are so cute! ^__^ This is great!

Dude, even though that is vac-form plastic, it is SO METAL!!!!!! I absolutely love that. I agree, that's what crazy dad's with cool hobbies are for (the amount of crazy crap I've made for my son would fill a book)

One thought about Mark 2 if there ever is one..... obviously, a large part of the appeal and perfect look is that it really is mostly a large scale plastic Lego figure. But the drawback of that is that in the videogames, they defy the actual physical design of those figures (knees bending, waists twisting, etc.). I could think of one possibility of different materials that could allow that movements (but admittedly, not look quite as slick and cool). One would be to craft the legs out of 1" thick foam rubber with sharp edges, cover it with nylon stocking and coat it with liquid latex, then paint it with as gray flat spray paint, then some clear coat. It wouldn't look quite as crisp and smooth as pulled plastic (obviously) and the clear coat would start to wear off pretty quickly around the bending areas, but it probably would hold up for a few hours. You could just re-coat it each time he wears it out... would take 5 minutes.

That way you could keep the helmet (which RULES! Hell, I might wanna buy one just for the book shelf!) and the torso and gloves, but also add arms.

Anyway, the costume as is is LEGENDARY in my book!

Kevin,
Hi! Is there anyway you could give me a step by step on how to create this costume? It is so awesome! What an amazing job you did! My son is 6 and autistic... he absolutely loves, loves Lego Batman. It's one of the only things he really gets excited about. How awesome would it be for him to trick or treat in this costume?! Maybe you could advise me on a simpler costume or something easier to walk in? Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back