Big-ass Death Star

They weren't but thanks very much for taking the time. :)

Actually, what I'm after is an 'in-movie' shot if you catch my drift. I'll explain; my Star Destroyer is backed by a midnight blue roller blind. I want to add a DS to give the scene some depth and context. Any suggestions?

Again, thanks for your time. :)

Yeah I sort of had the feeling you needed more a screen cap. But fun pics anyway huh!?

There IS a good shot in both Sculpting A Galaxy (SAG), and The Star Wars Technical Journal. The shots are full-on shots of the model, still new, and lit, though not a screen-cap so to speak.

Problem would be scanning them. SAG is a very nice and expensive book, so it'd take great dexterity to scan (at least on my scanner) without damaging the book. The other image exists on a gatefold.

So...

While I can't promise I'll scan them, I will promise to take a close look to see if it might be possible...

Yes, a bit too small. Images on the web (72dpi), will print approx 1/4 the size when at 300 dpi. So if it's 4 inches across on screen, it'll print roughly 1" at 300dpi. :)

Sent you a bigger, 300 dpi version of this... Sucks about the labels though. The image from SAG just ain't happenin'...

DeathStar004.jpg

...and the results...

I don't have my good camera to hand so this is a bit shoddy - but you get the idea... I like to think it adds a bit of context to the display. :)

Thanks for all your help! :) :cool:thumbsup

sd-ds.jpg

...and the results...

I don't have my good camera to hand so this is a bit shoddy - but you get the idea... I like to think it adds a bit of context to the display. :)

Thanks for all your help! :) :cool:thumbsup

sd-ds.jpg

In all honesty, scanning that gatefold in the bok was a *****! And it was TOTALLY worth it! :cheers

That is AWESOME, and I'm glad to have helped out! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back