Good price for real Stormtrooper Scope?

Jedi-72

Sr Member
I just won a pretty nice looking original M40A2 on ebay, and was curious to know if it was a reasonable price for one of these. I paid $77.00. I've only just begun dabbling in Stormtrooper rifle building and don't know much about the values of these things. I know about the Sterlings, but not much about scopes. Did I over or underpay?

Thanks!

The a2's weren't used in Star Wars so that was maybe a little high for one. $77 would have been pretty cheap for a correct scope though.

Damn. I should have checked your page before bidding. The auction actually pointed out that it was one of the scopes used in Star Wars and listed on the parts of star wars page.

This is it:

548e_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. I should have checked your page before bidding. The auction actually pointed out that it was one of the scopes used in Star Wars and listed on the parts of star wars page.

They must have misread Parts of Star Wars then because the a2's aren't listed. They are similar to the 1943 (like the one used on the MR), but still a little different.

Since they misrepresented the auction, perhaps you can get your money back

I was thinking about that. But, it still looks pretty close, and it should still mount to the Sterling just fine. In any case, I think I still might shoot the seller a polite email letting him know that it isn't a screen-used piece.

The way I see it is if you're happy with it, then mount on your blaster and enjoy it. Trust me, when you show it off to your buddies most (if not all) of them won't know the difference.

Last edited:
I had a resin M40A2 on my blaster before upgrading to a real M38. It still looks nice, and it was close enough that it didn't bug me. If I hadn't gotten a deal on the M38 I wouldn't have bothered.

That's funny. I have a resin M38 on the Sterling right now, and I'm upgrading to a real M40A2! I just don't like the look of the resin scope. This one is at least real, and from what I can see, the differences are so minimal from the correct one that it won't bother me. It'll still look real deal ANH stormtrooper blaster to me.

This is it:

548e_3.jpg

i can't see anything wrong with that! it's a beautiful scope.

mount it! mount it!
(or if you really dont want it i'll take it off your hands)

Respect
P.

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't see anything wrong with that! it's a beautiful scope.

The main difference is the machined smooth recess dead center on the scope... This smooth machined section is not found on the scopes used in the movie, but it's common to see on fan props as the A2 scopes are easier to source...

I used one of these and filled in the recessed band and weathered it to suit the rest of the scope. It came our really well and no -one has ever noticed ....well they will now !!

I got the scope, and it is pretty nice and looks great mounted on my Sterling. The only thing that slightly annoys me is that the return address shows that it came from Parkssabers, which probably means that the seller knew it wasn't the same as the screen-used pieces, but advertised it as such anyway. Still, it looks the part.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back