Jawa costume, how do you do the eyes?

IndyFanChuck

Sr Member
My coworkers little cousin is dressing up as a Jawa. The costume is easy enough.

How the CRAP do you make the eyes???

Anyone? Please tell me this is easy and cheap... I am going broke.... LOL

---Chuck

Orange bicycle reflectors for the cheap fast way. Otherwise, I used tiny battery-powered lightbulbs set behind 1.25" plastic domes I painted with spray-on stained glass paint (yellow I think). Since it's for a costume, you'll have to have eyeholes above the fake eyes in the black hood (which covers the kid's face).

I'm sure you'll get more suggestions too.

Last edited:
here is a nice tutorial done by Chris/TK409, i really hope this helps...
dont forget to visit his website http://www.tk409.com/tk409.html for more... :)

jawa_lights.gif

jawaeyes.jpg

Last edited:
Make sure you sand the inside of the plastic hemisphere. That helps to diffuse the light so that you don't just se a single point of light from the LED.

Randy

My coworkers little cousin is dressing up as a Jawa. The costume is easy enough.

How the CRAP do you make the eyes???

Anyone? Please tell me this is easy and cheap... I am going broke.... LOL

---Chuck

Here's the quickest and cheapest way I can think of-

4 or even 6 amber LEDs from Radio Shack
1 click switch from Radio Shack
1 9v battery connector from Radio Shack
1 pair wraparound sunglasses from the dollar store
1 hood made from black gauze (two layers might be needed)

Group the LEDs together in groups of 2 or three (you'll want that elongated look)

Wire everything together, so that you have two groups of LEDs

Hot glue them to the top or bottom edges of the sunglasses (whichever looks best with the hood up)

Use a length of wire to go from the glasses, down the body, and into one of your pouches.

Pull your black gause hood over and test to see if it's thick enough and diffusing the light properly, if not, add a 2nd layer of gauze over the LEDs

Connect your 9v battery and connector and your click switch to the whole mess and you'll be good to go! :)

Good Luck!

-Sarge

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back