Creating deep Scars (not joker styled)

Talisen

Sr Member
Ok, I'm trying to find a method for creating a scar on my face. Not a puffy or new cut, but a long healed but deep one. I tried Spirit gum and pinching the skin as it was recommended by a Costume shop, but it doesn't hold at all. I also got some fake scar skin product but it's more of a surface bubbly (joker-like) look.

I've seen reference to collodion but I don't know where to get that, my googling brings up Compound W, is that what people use?

Anyone have a suggestion

Oh, you might as well get other stuff. If you don't buy at least 20 dollars they add it to the shipping so might as well get liquid latex to seal the edges. The scars will last longer with movement. Just test it out on a part of your skin before putting anything on your face or around the eyes.

Thanks for the info Bleyd, shame they don't ship out of the US (Great white north here)

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Try googling Mehron. That's the brand name I used. Maybe you'll have more luck that way. Not sure of compound W or what that is.

Rigid collodion is great stuff, the best for making the convincing scar. Just google the name, I found about six different places that will ship international. And you can go with either the Mehron brand or the Kryolan brand - I've used both and they both work very well. Hope you get what you need!

Well, pretty much, but if it helps anyone else.

I can't seem to find the Collodion in the area. Everyone is sold out (guess we're going to see a lot of Ledger Jokers this year)

I've tried using Rubber cement and it seems to work rather well for the scar I want. It doesn't bother my skin and I had some on for a few hours.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back