TIE Bomber double studio scale (1:24 scale)

Deleted

Sr Member
Here's a project I have been working on.
This is a TIE Bomber twice the size of the studio scale model. It will be in scale to the studio scale TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor.

I am using larger scale donor kits for some of the parts. (Leopold, Karl)
My plan is to make it look the way I think it would have looked, if ILM had built it that scale. So some parts will be different, some will look the same, since they will be scratch built.
The model will be highly detailed due to the usage of larger scale kit parts.

The plan is to offer this as a kit.

Here's a picture of the parts I have so far compared to a studio scale TIE Bomber and the Hasbro toy.

Tim

Last edited:
Looking forward to see this come together! The TIE Bomber is one of my favorites! And Studio Scale to boot!

Keep us posted!

Thanks for sharing!

-David

Here's an update.

Does anybody know if the lighting lens material that was used for the Studio Scale Vader TIE Fighter solar panels is still available?
I could get a casting of it, but I would rather use the actual material.

Tim

Here's an update.

Does anybody know if the lighting lens material that was used for the Studio Scale Vader TIE Fighter solar panels is still available?

Tim

Would that be correct for the TIE Bomber? The Bomber was based on the AMT Ertl kit of the TIE X1. Wasn't sure if that was all that accurate. There might be a lighting plastic that would be more of a match to the kit solar panel.

Im pretty sure the original material is well OOP, but search for prismatic lighting panels, there are sizes that are pretty close to the X1 pattern, which i think had an individual lens measure of around 3 to 4mm....approx LOL.

lee

Here's an update.

Tim

Somebody made a studio scale vader X1 - I want to say Chris Kelly... I think that he would be a good person to ask since they probably already travled this ground... Heck if his wing is close enough perhaps you could actually use it... Just a thought.

Jedi Dade

Tim,

Please finish this! Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards,
Scott
:eek
Here's a project I have been working on.
This is a TIE Bomber twice the size of the studio scale model. It will be in scale to the studio scale TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor.

I am using larger scale donor kits for some of the parts. (Leopold, Karl)
My plan is to make it look the way I think it would have looked, if ILM had built it that scale. So some parts will be different, some will look the same, since they will be scratch built.
The model will be highly detailed due to the usage of larger scale kit parts.

The plan is to offer this as a kit.

Here's a picture of the parts I have so far compared to a studio scale TIE Bomber and the Hasbro toy.

Tim

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back