Selene's Underworld Evolution Knife?

moviebuff5

Sr Member
Does anyone recognize this knife? I saw the Cleaners used a Muela Spanish Police knife, but I cannot find a match to Selene's.

Thank you!

uknife.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas? I contacted Ruko, who distributed the Muela knives used in the movie and they did not recognise it, even as a discontinued model.

... and I almost thought I'd be the only fan of Underworld!

It's the "Nieto Gran Combate"!
Have a look here (sorry, it's a German site and it shows the smaller version "Nieto Combate"- but you get the picture ;)).

Cheers,
Stefan

Last edited:
... and I almost thought I'd be the only fan of Underworld!

It's the "Nieto Gran Combate"!
Have a look here (sorry, it's a German site and it shows the smaller version "Nieto Combate"- but you get the picture ;)).

Cheers,
Stefan

Good find. The clip on the one pictured is different. I can't find a photo of the larger one either.

FB

That,
or they changed the design of the blade on later runs.
The Gerber MkII is a good example - if you check the history of that knife you'll see quite some variation in the blade design.
Might be the same here, though I don't think this knife lasted several decades already ;)

Cheers,
Stefan

I have the movie knife it is a real knife with the blade ground down not movie made
I hope this helps Kevjh

Sorry, I just saw your question. The back edge of the knives are different.

underworld.jpg

FB

Is it possible that they ground down the side of the blade, removing not only the end of the clip but the insignia as well? If my eyes don't deceive me, It looks like the main body of the blade tapers farther towards the tip possibly adding to this theory. :)

Oh, and the finish on the blade of the movie knife does look pretty dulled down.
Just my personal observation lending to my theory :)

I have the movie knife it is a real knife with the blade ground down not movie made
I hope this helps Kevjh

You have the actual knife used in filming? Can you post a pic of the back area? I'd be interested to see how, why they modified it.

Thanks

FB

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back