The Good, the bad, and the Ugly on a budget?

Jawafive

Sr Member
A friend of mine wants to be Clint Eastwood's character for halloween. Are there any decent, affordable alternatives? Any help is appreciated because he REALLY wants to do this finally. Please help me help him. Thanks!

-Matt

A Board member did the poncho out of I think it was a green army blanket and then did the designs with white shoe polish, the kind that comes out of an aplicator.

I gotta tell you it looked great and it was cheaply done.

I gotta say, whichever board member it was had the right idea. The original poncho was an OD Green kinda color and an Army blanket would be perfect for it.

There's a couple of websites that sell great replicas, but they are pricey. The best poncho (i.e. screen-accurate color and design) is below and their poncho's price has actually gone down. They've also got a screen-accurate hat, vest, etc.

www.hollywoodprop.com/spaghettiponchos.htm

Last edited:
I gotta say, whichever board member it was had the right idea. The original poncho was an OD Green kinda color and an Army blanket would be perfect for it.

Yep! I was really amazed how well it turned out! Really well done.

And Larry Green's Ponchos are the bomb!

Falls here so I can break mine out! :lol

Last edited:

There's a couple of websites that sell great replicas, but they are pricey. The best poncho (i.e. screen-accurate color and design) is below and their poncho's price has actually gone down. They've also got a screen-accurate hat, vest, etc.

www.hollywoodprop.com/spaghettiponchos.htm

The poncho on that website is only wool fabric with white stitching. If you want the real deal, that is a hand woven wool poncho and is accurate to the original and the same price, then this is the one to get!:love:thumbsup
I know your friend is on a budget and all, but if and when he wants a quality representation of the costume, then this is the place to go.
http://www.baronhats.com/noname.htm

I compiled a list of all the parts for this costume and where you could get them a couple of weeks back; thread's here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=50316

That's for an accurate, and damned expensive costume. Basically all your friend needs for a cheap costume are brown boots, black jeans, a cowboy hat and the poncho. Do a search on eBay using the terms "eastwood poncho" and you'll find some decent if not entirely accurate ones for under US$100.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back