Judge Dredd Shoulder Eagle

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wonder if anyone here can help with a Judge Dredd Question in particular the Eagle on the shoulder armour.

Id like to know what the Finished product on the screen was made out of, was it Fibreglass.

How was the eagle attached to the Shoulder?

and here is the Big question, im planning on getting the Eagle Shoulders made but the biggest problem is decent reference pictures showing the Eagle, i need these to get the Eagle sculpted

so does anyone have decent pictures of A/ the shoulders including the eagle and B/ i picture of just the eagle

The entire eagle and feathers were vacuformed plastic. I used to own the screen used one. I think it was just riveted on, I don't really remember.

The entire eagle and feathers were vacuformed plastic. I used to own the screen used one. I think it was just riveted on, I don't really remember.

Well thats a start at least thank you, is it true the all the feathers were individually made and attached.

Are there any reference pictures available

Here's all the pics I have of the eagle armour -

Stunt set, I think the bottom two rows are articulated. -

Full Hero suit (London)-

Saved the best for last -

judgedredd04ur7.jpg

Or did I?;) Possibly more to come!

found these in my little collection of pictures. hope these help.

I do not know where I got them all - so if these are your property please ask me to remove it.

1-6.jpg

33316f2948b3244bc6124383d88916ec-1.jpg

33316f2948b3244bc6124383d88916ec727.jpg

Batman_VS_JudgeDredd_small.jpg

CIMG4669.jpg

DSC02640.jpg

Dredd20021.jpg

Dredd20022.jpg

Judge_Dredd_1.jpg

aff-198news.jpg

dredd01.jpg

dredd43.jpg

dreddss.jpg

intro3we.jpg

judgedredd432.jpg

judgedreddwow.jpg

judgedredd-wow.jpg

The feathers ,as previously mentioned were all individual vacformed and have a slightly textured finish but the eagle was resin or fibreglass. All then vac -metalised . Mark Johnston is making one now perhaps he can help you Simon !

Great Pictures thanks for that.

will let you know the outcome.

Yes i know about the Ojika set of Armour but the feathers are not VAC formed correctly they were all un-even, thats why we are looking at getting them out sourced, the slightly textured finish you refer too is infact standard on the sheets of sintra Mark used to originally make the feathers :rolleyes

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Pictures thanks for that.

will let you know the outcome.

Yes i know about the Ojika set of Armour but the feathers are not VAC formed correctly they were all un-even, thats why we are looking at getting them out sourced, the slightly textured finish you refer too is infact standard on the sheets of sintra Mark used to originally make the feathers :rolleyes
If you look at the eagle feathers on many of the pics above they have the textured finish too which was the finish that came standard on the styrene sheet used for the movie costumes as well as Marks .Sintra is a smooth acrylic plastic and does not have a stippled finish :rolleyes
They look uneven as there are a few sizes, they looked excellent when i saw them :thumbsup

Totaly correct Tango, MJ here.There are 2 different sized feathers, and my moulds are perfect and totaly screen accurate as simon knows. The eagle is fg and the feathers are a specific type of styrene. Yet another thing simon is wrong about, the one thing he is right about is that he will never get one from me :) But simon trying to discredit my work, well, do they look uneven or wrong to you Tango :)

Totaly correct Tango, MJ here.There are 2 different sized feathers, and my moulds are perfect and totaly screen accurate as simon knows. The eagle is fg and the feathers are a specific type of styrene. Yet another thing simon is wrong about, the one thing he is right about is that he will never get one from me :) But simon trying to discredit my work, well, do they look uneven or wrong to you Tango :)

Hey good to see ya here mate , yep looked fine to me , the only problem that i could see with them was that you need to get them finished and show em off , do it punk :lol

here's a good smiley for ya too mate :ninja

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back