Looking for old style hockey masks

Sterlacchini

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I didn't want to put this in the Junkyard as I'm looking to be pointed in the right direction rather than enquiring about stuff to buy direct (unless it's perfect).

Anyway I'm looking for a source for old style hockey goalie masks at a reasonable price.

It's for a film project and will be painted and modified. Which is why I don't really want one of those beautiful expensive replica ones, as cool as they are.

Definitely not the Jason, Friday the 13th, specific design.

Looking for masks around $100, they don't have to be mint.

The ones below are perfect, but the only sources I've found for them are a bit pricy because they are perfect collectors editions.

Har2.jpg
pla1.jpg
benjamin10.jpg

Images from: http://www.classicmask.com
http://goaliepro.com/en/resources/2005/mask_history.php

Cheers.

Yep, those are nice masks. I may have to stretch a bit further for something like that. Though it 'goes against the grain' to modify something a nice as that.

I think it's seeing masks like that which is stopping me simply buying a cheap street hockey mask from ebay.

The story of the film suggests that the wearer is obsessed with eagles, so it would be painted and modified to be more bird like, yet still look like a goalie mask.

I see the one in the middle I think. "Just walk away" from Road Warrior.

Hope you have luck finding what you're lucking for.

I didn't want to put this in the Junkyard as I'm looking to be pointed in the right direction rather than enquiring about stuff to buy direct (unless it's perfect).

Anyway I'm looking for a source for old style hockey goalie masks at a reasonable price.

It's for a film project and will be painted and modified. Which is why I don't really want one of those beautiful expensive replica ones, as cool as they are.

Definitely not the Jason, Friday the 13th, specific design.

Looking for masks around $100, they don't have to be mint.

The ones below are perfect, but the only sources I've found for them are a bit pricy because they are perfect collectors editions.

Har2.jpg
pla1.jpg
benjamin10.jpg

Images from: http://www.classicmask.com
http://goaliepro.com/en/resources/2005/mask_history.php

I know this is probably not what you are looking for but why not attempt making one. It couldn't be THAT hard.:)

Or you could get one of those sykes paintball/airsoft masks form cactus hobby and drill holes in it.

Whoa... whoa... are you seriously pursuing a Heat style mask? I have been looking for YEARS for one and have never found a matching helmet! Definitely interested in seeing where this is going as I am currently researching some other parts of the costume as well.

Whoa... whoa... are you seriously pursuing a Heat style mask? I have been looking for YEARS for one and have never found a matching helmet! Definitely interested in seeing where this is going as I am currently researching some other parts of the costume as well.

Have you tried these guys?

http://www.hockeymasks.com/

I couldn't see an exact match on the site, but perhaps they can at least identify it?

I have not but definitely will. Not to get things too off track but I am pretty stoked as my last patch came in today. Been hunting it for years and am thrilled to finally have all three.

Art ive looked through that site a few years ago for you and just flipped through it now. They dont have the exact same mask your looking for, one very similar but the holes arent the same as the one from the SU mask. Looks like a custom one would have to be done unless you find an exact which ive yet to see for however long we've been looking

Thanks for posting this Minty, I'd been toying with the idea of Death Race '08 - Frankenstein mask but couldn't think of what to use as a basis. Sorted now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it a regular hockey mask or are there close street hockey masks?

David

One of them is made by a company named Mylec. They are a street hockey company and their easily avaliable on ebay. The specific one that ART is looking for I have yet to see an exact replica of. Their are some very similar ones out their, but the holes are not correct in the ones ive seen so far.

The specific one that ART is looking for I have yet to see an exact replica of. Their are some very similar ones out their, but the holes are not correct in the ones ive seen so far.

Some of the ones on the site are tantilisingly close, but no cigar.

Could it be a custom Job? The real deal are expensive, perhaps the prop guy thought "I need about two douzen of these for actors, stunt men and spares etc. I can save a few bucks and do these myself, for half the price."

Do the 'soft lines' on the Heat masks suggest they may have created a cast from one and then modified it?

Last edited:
Those heat ones look like the one the comic book character Wild Dog used to wear. Were I uber geeky (and had somewhere to go Halloween), I would so go as Wild Dog.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back