how much to real graflexes go for?

Wow, found this thread while doing a search. Crazy to read what price to expect for a vintage Graflex just 8 years ago.

I just sold my real Graflex ESB Luke a few weeks ago for $600. People seem to be paying more for really nice unconverted ones or ANH versions.

With the continuous stream of SW movies I don't think we'll see too many Graflexes being sold at those old prices anymore.

I did a search on eBay the other day and was blown away at what these are selling for now.

I don't think it was ever this bad. In '97-'99, I didn't pay more than $40 for any of mine, and I think the highest I ever saw them priced was around $400 in the mid '00s.

$800 is absolutely ridiculous, and I don't see any end in sight. It's a real bummer.

I even saw a red button go for $100 and a clamp get almost $200!

And those little slave units, too!

It seems like any old 3 cell flash is listed as a lightsaber.

It makes me miss the good old days!

Last edited:
I'm kicking myself now. Having scored mine for next to nothing back in the 90s, once bay existed, every few years I would check up on prices. I remember seeing them for $75 and thinking PFFT! MAN I DODGED THAT HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

Had I only known, I would have bought a dozen at that price to have now.

I did a search on eBay the other day and was blown away at what these are selling for now.

I don't think it was ever this bad. In '97-'99, I didn't pay more than $40 for any of mine, and I think the highest I ever saw them priced was around $400 in the mid '00s.

$800 is absolutely ridiculous, and I don't see any end in sight. It's a real bummer.

I even saw a red button go for $100 and a clamp get almost $200!

And those little slave units, too!

It seems like any old 3 cell flash is listed as a lightsaber.

It makes me miss the good old days!

Unfortunately this is the 'new normal'. Prices will go down but may never be as low as they were for real ones unless you get lucky and find one in the wild.

At least we've got some reasonably priced replicas available.

got this one for $300 plus a bit for postage down here in Australia. Had some bad rust but cleaned up ok.

IMAG0257_zpsyyv6jexj.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

I picked up both of my originals back in 99-00 for about $200 apiece. I only have my ESB converted one now. It is crazy seeing those prices but I guess it is to be expected with a 3 cell saber being IN the current movies versus just the OT and hoping Anakin was going to have a graflex styled lightsaber at some point in episodes 2/3.

This still isn't as bad as ICONS saber prices after the grip number was discovered haha

I still dream of finding one in the wild...just once...let it be me lol. Those or an MGC mauser.

I've only ever seen ONE out in the wild in these parts. I wanna say it was 2002.

It was attached to a Crown Graphic, in a camera store within walking distance from my apartment at the time. I bought the whole setup and recouped the cost by selling the camera on eBay.

I'm betting that's gonna be my only lucky find!

I paid $80 for my first one 10+ years ago, and $700 for my second one 6 months ago. Both mint. So I guess overall I paid $400 for each and at today's prices that would be a good deal :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back