My Briareos (Appleseed) Helmet

RussellSculpts

Well here it is, my latest creation. Briareos from Appleseed. It's ready for molding as you see it and I'm looking for some final critique. I sculpted it out of bondo, apoxie sculpt, great stuff, mdf board, pvc pipe and other stuff. It will have a light kit of red or green and a clear center eye to see through. Whatcha think?
Russell

Last edited:
Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet

Does anyone know any anime prop forums I could post this on, see what they think?
And thanks for the compliments!

When I've finished the mold, get parts out of it and can show a finished piece, I'll post an "INTERESTED" thread. Thanks again for all the compliments! Anyone with specific questions feel free to PM me.
Russell

Does anyone know any anime prop forums I could post this on, see what they think?
And thanks for the compliments!

Don't know of any forums specific to anime props, though ASAP did have a subforum, haven't been there since they went over to Yukko (sic)

You could try some of the cosplay forums, though they tend to have tight wallets, I'm sure you'd get terrific feedback.

Brilliant sculpt, I'd love to own one :D

I've never heard of the anime-but that sculpt looks cool, and friggen perfect. That is amazing, congratulations on your lovely piece of work.

1.In the beginning, 2.and then there was light(yellow light shown for reference, green or red will be installed),3. back of ear detail.

Honestly, that's one of the most gorgeous sculpts I've seen. I'm partial to robots, but I just love clean, smooth lines and surfaces, and sharp corners and edges. Very nice job! :thumbsup

Any plans to make the rest of the suit? How tall is he, 7'? :confused

I appreciate that! I'm actually tweeking the sculpt right now to get more of the lines as sharp and smooth as possible before molding. I'd love to complete the entire costume as seen in "Exmachina", but sadly not enough time or money to do it before this Halloween. Definately for next year, but this year I'll have to cheat and get a blue or black jump suit or something, maybe I can get forearm guards, shin guards and shoulder pads to add to it. Thanks again!
Honestly, that's one of the most gorgeous sculpts I've seen. I'm partial to robots, but I just love clean, smooth lines and surfaces, and sharp corners and edges. Very nice job! :thumbsup

Any plans to make the rest of the suit? How tall is he, 7'? :confused

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back