TMNT Foot Clan mask updated work 11/19/08 - page 2

niennumb1

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I meant "my" not mt....

I am so stoked about this! I just got my Foot Soldier mask from TMNT in the mail today. This is going to be a bit of a restoration project for me as I don't like how it's displayed right now.

My plan is to find a head/shoulders display and make a bust out of it. I will be fixing up a couple of the loose seams here, but won't be harming the piece. I want to make the shoulder parts so that I can tuck the ends of the mask underneath and give it a more tight look as well as carefully cover up the sides of the "bug eyes" which shouldn't be tough with a little time and TLC.

Anyway here's a few pics!

mask1.jpg

mask2.jpg

mask3.jpg

Thanks for looking! This was is one of my favorite childhood movies and am excited to get this all fixed up nice!

Last edited:
Re: Mt very first Prop Store buy... TMNT Foot Clan!

Great piece...even Splinter would be proud!

Brad

Well done, congrats on a great prop :thumbsup

I saw this pop up on the propstore, and was helluva tempted to buy, but didn't have the funds.:cry

I'm glad to see that a fellow RPF member, managed to buy it.

It's a great piece of movie history.

It would look well good, displayed on a simple foam / polystyrene head mounted on the base with the plaque beneath.

However i also like the idea, of sholders / upper torso.
Looking forward to seeing the results!!!!!

VERY COOL! I was actually going to do a replica of their masks really soon. Any chance closer shots of the eye screens?

Ah fantastic I always loved the costumes for those guys, nice score!! :thumbsup

WOW! this is easily one of my prop "holy grails". NICE buy! i had no clue it was listed at prop store... i guess i need to shop around more, haha!

Awesome piece! I'm very jealous. :) I've been wanting one of these since I was a kid. It'd look awesome next to my screen-used Michaelangelo nunchukas. :D

Well I FINALLY started working on fixing up my Foot Soldier mask for better display.

I carefully sewed the broken seams back and re-adjusted the headband to look more like they way it was in the film.

My big concerns are in the eyes. They are still a bit loose in spots and I'm scared to glue it back and instead just leave it as is, but you be the judge. Also on the BUG EYE color, the paint looks like over time it has worn off, but do I try and fix it up some with the matching color or let it be and maintain the way it was? I felt the loose bits of seams needed fixing and that wasn't a big deal (yet matched the way it was and did not alter its original size, but something tells me, for the most part, to just let it be what it is and don't mess with it.

I have it on a new display head, so obviously it fills out better than the last display head it was on. My next step is making a small accessory shoulder piece to finish it off, but your thoughts are welcome. Hope you like how it's coming so far. I just want it to look the best it can for how old it is and not some floppy mess of a display.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: TMNT Foot Clan mask updated work 11/17/08 - page 2

i agree... MUCH better! if it were mine, i probably wouldn't even bother with fixing the eye grill colors or stitching... it looks VERY cool as-is! :)

"i deliver a message... SHUT IT!" ... one of the best scenes in the movie, haha!

this is BY-FAR one of the cooler things i've seen on the RPF....

Re: TMNT Foot Clan mask updated work 11/17/08 - page 2

Well here it is as of now. I have decided to let it be the way it is, but give it a proper display. I think that's part of the coolness of screen used stuff is seeing the use it got out of the film and it's still an awesome sight to see even though it's not as pristine as they appear in the movies.

There's a little bit of things I want to do to the partial chest piece I sewed for this like adding some dirt to match the look of the mask as well as make the lower base black, but I'm pretty happy with it and I think it displays much better than it did when I first received it. Of course when I have more room in the new house we hopefully get next year this sucker is going in a display case with better space around it. As you can see it's practically butting up against the wall.

So the only thing I actually did to the mask physically was mend the broken seams along the sides and middle, but overall it's still the same.

Thanks for the comments! Here's the pix!

Recap before:
mask1.jpg

And after:

foot_1.jpg

Displayed next to the Allspark:
foot_2.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back