Hellboy Prop: Broom's Box. Need info.

Am I really slow or are those skeltoncrew replicas in there new?!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not sure what you mean by "new." The Thadreian frog and the troll spoon (neither even in this older photo but now on display) were recently released. The others were newly added to my box but were released some years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what you mean by "new." The Thadreian frog and the troll spoon (neither even in this older photo but now on display) were recently released. The others were newly added to my box but were released some years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I only got to glance at you pic for a moment on my phone. It looked that much like the real thing I thought the one on display at LACMA had Skeltoncrew replicas in it!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone,
I have searched everywhere for info on the small talisman/charm items in the nook above the books. Has anyone discovered what they are or found any additional information?

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
I have searched everywhere for info on the small talisman/charm items in the nook above the books. Has anyone discovered what they are or found any additional information?

They were all cast in soft metal. Not off the shelf stuff. My mate made the original box and it's contents apart from the books that were made by a bookbinder in pigskin.
I do have a pic of all the charms. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Hey everyone,

Mine are all random trinkets I have collected in my travels (half the fun!) and are really not meant to be amulet-by-amulet replicas.

Hey kids. I've been told my drawing link no longer works, so I'm reposting my measurements drawing here.
Savagebroomsboxdrawing.jpg

I have started milling up some boards to start making my own one of these and wanted to confirm that the box is a little under a foot square by 20 inches long.

I got a little less than that but if you are rounding up I’d say sure.
Watch out for some subtle measurement inaccuracies and outright omissions if you are following Savage’s Plans!

I was rounding for the sake of it. What outright omissions are you talking about from Mr. Savage's plans? I noticed that they are not to scale but the dimensions look good.

And at long last here is my box. All oak construction with brass furniture.
Thanks to Adam for reposting his sketch and Adam, friendly words of advice: Measure twice, cut once. But if you are creating blue-prints: measure three times and don't forget to include Hardware, A bottom piece and ALL the little doors that were on the original!
MyBox1.jpgMyBox2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back