Hellboy Prop: Broom's Box. Need info.

I am happy to inform you, that I am very close the have my box completely built :) Well post pics soonest possible.

Thanks to everybody in this thread sharing there knowledge und files, especially to asavage who started this thread!
Special thanks to ahoudini who was and is a huge help during the building process.
ahoudini, I will answere your latest email later on today! Many thanks for your great support :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to post a pic of the closed box, which I finaly sanded today. Can't post more pics right now, as I do not want to share
too much right now. as you may noticed, I've made 2 boxes. One for me and a second one for a good friend :)
Wanted to wait, until he has received his box the next days :D

Long story short. here is the promised pic:

Next to do... adding "colors" and aging :) I will keep you updated!!

best
Ralf

Thanks ahoudini.. will have to work out some Details of the letters while i age the box. But so far Iam pretty
happy with the result :D

OK, some more (and better) shots, which I took while working on my Box. The cheap "pinewood" got a first cover of
oak stain, applied with a brush. Here is how it looks before doing the first manual aging, adding scratches, worn out edges
and some holes to simulate the presents of a wood-worm ;)

Pics of the actual appearance of the box and info what kind of tools used to age the box to follow later today (evening - german time)

Thanks for the Feedback Steve :D

Short update about the aging process... (being 2 days too late.... sry for the delay)

Iam trying to mimic the aging of the Box presented by asavage, as well as the box seen "on screen".

Front:

Back:

Inside:

Tools used so far:
chisels, steel brush (a Little bit to weak), Wood rasp, sanding paper and a self-made "Wood-worm-tool" ;)

Actualy I'am waiting for some gray-ish and black stains to arrive. Didn't want to use steel-wool and vinager (allthough I
like the results), but the box/vinager will stink for quit a while.... so I do hope the stains will do the Job as well :)

hehe... well said :lol And thanks for your feedback.

Honastly, doing the first scratches and cuttings was very hard for me. The box itself is pretty cool as a new piece.
But I love the look, feel and charism of antique/vintage things.... well as long as the stuff is not completet "broke/worn down" ;)

Here are some pics my box :) Pics taken inside with flash, just to catch a little bit more Details of the darker areas the shadows and cleaned the
background to Keep the Focus on the box itself ;)

Front:

Back:

And opened:

Still some details to tweak, especially the Madonna pic, at the top door is still missing... slowly but steady I'am getting done :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back