1/6th scale TARDIS and Who figures

Re: 1/6th scale TARDIS under construction..

It's been a while but I've added some things to my collection and made progress on others.
Here are some of the things I've added since then
P1060843.jpg

P1060880.jpg

P1060884.jpg

He will be my #8

#4 doesn't really look like Tom Baker much but I'm trying to nail down the clothes first
P1060898.jpg

P1060901.jpg

I bought a clockwork man and re-painted the mask although the cracks are WAY out of scale...
P1070066.jpg

and Since the Krylon flat had never set up on my Eccleston, he got stripped and re-painted too
P1070064.jpg

P1070095.jpg

I've started on a Dalek but haven't made much progress yet

You are doing some 'wicked' stuff there! My g/f has been drawn into a group of doll collectors. Well, collectors and doll COSTUMERS. She needs to see this stuff since she's also a Who fan. The TARDIS looks cool too, but your figures and costumes are spectacular. OH, I know SEVERAL people who would love to discuss your work with you.

St. Louis? If you ever swing through those parts again, let me know.

Do you buy these 12" figures already as WHO characters? The Tenant and Eccleston face sculpts look fairly close. What about the costumes?

You are doing some 'wicked' stuff there! My g/f has been drawn into a group of doll collectors. Well, collectors and doll COSTUMERS. She needs to see this stuff since she's also a Who fan. The TARDIS looks cool too, but your figures and costumes are spectacular. OH, I know SEVERAL people who would love to discuss your work with you.

St. Louis? If you ever swing through those parts again, let me know.

Do you buy these 12" figures already as WHO characters? The Tenant and Eccleston face sculpts look fairly close. What about the costumes?

right lets see... I'm planning to move back to St.Louis either late 2010 or early 2011 but I'll be visiting before then ;)
As for the figures.. the David Tennant and Chris Eccleston sculpts come from existing Doctor Who toys. They made a Tennant in the suit with his sonic and everything but he was difficult to find by the time I got into it so I got the Doctor in Spacesuit figure and swapped his head onto another body.
I picked up a suit for him and grabbed (in the most recent update) some shoes from a Barbie "Ken" clothing set that looked close enough.
Here is a link to amazon UK with many of their 1:6th figures.. the daleks are not true 1:6th as they are a full 12" tall http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias=toys&field-keywords=doctor+who+12&x=19&y=14 I don't know if you can import them through that but it might give you an idea what to search for.
I bought the Tennant Doctor, Cyberman, and Clockwork man from http://www.whona.com/
The Eccleston head is from a walkie-talkie, I bought him on ebay from the UK.. it was a set of the Doctor and Slitheen so when you get them, it's kind of a two-fer :D
Costumes are another story. The Tennant Costume is a suit set I bought on ebay, Eccleston's gear (minus shoes) is all hand made by me. Baker's Pants come from the sideshow figure "The Chief" from "Get Smart" his shirt from a Donald Trump figure, and his Jacket is a dyed version of the Jacket that came with the Sideshow Roger Moore from The Man With the Golden Gun figure. His shoes are from Hasbro Indiana Jones.

#8's pants are from the Roger Moore figure again (as is his body, shirt, and shoes) the vest came with the set for Tennant and the Jacket from a snoop dogg figure. It WAS yellow and black but has been dyed.
I intend to make more accurate clothes for #8 based upon the sideshow Nosferatu's coat.

Last edited:

Looking forward to it :D
I made a new Scarf for my Baker figure.
P1070177.jpg

P1070178.jpg

P1070179.jpg

The pattern is loosely based on this image
doctor-who-scarf.jpg

hm, I seem to have skipped a few updates to my work :p oh well.
I have been working on several of the various Doctors for some time.
I got tired of my Fifth Doctor wearing black pants so I got motivated and made him a (more) accurate pair.
Now, mind you, they STILL aren't 100% accurate (heck probably not even 75%) but they are far more accurate than the plain black ones he WAS wearing.
P1120856.jpg

test...
P1120857.jpg

looking pretty good.
P1120858.jpg

annnd DONE!
P1120859.jpg

Now I just need to make him a proper jacket.
I decided to line up my Who figures for a quick shoot (I left the clockwork droid and slitheen out)
P1120863.jpg

P1120864.jpg

P1120865.jpg

P1120866.jpg

P1120867.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back