Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume

Hi, I've been wanting to do a weeping Angel Cosplay for some time.
May I use some of your ideas to get a costume started? :confused

First, the angels are ABSOLUTELY terrifying to me. I hate them (They're my favorite villiians, but I made the mistake of blinking about the time Amy did this season and opened my eyes to the thing blown up on my screen. My brother still gives me grief about it.)

Second: I think Moffatt needs to hire you. Clearly you've got a great costuming mind! Your costume is great and you strangled Kaylee! LOL

This is gorgeous! I am attempting to make my own version of the angel costume for a St. Louis con in a couple of weeks. I have a question for you. I am using a polyester gray fabric and attempting to add in my highlights with acrylic paint but it keeps getting absorbed and disappearing! Do you have any suggestions or did you have this problem with yours? Oh! And did anyone notice your toe-nailed feet or do you think i can skip it?

I started making my weeping angel costume for AWA next week about a month ago... needless to say I'm still fixing issues. one of my friends led me here, and although I had general ideas about how I was going to accomplish my costume i was floored by how good yours looked and borrowed the hula hoop idea, and now I'm going back to borrow the hands too. I did it a different way 1... 2... 3 times, and haven't been satisfied yet haha! I ended up sculpting my mask and hair using sculpey and then attaching it to tights, and used insulating foam sheets (1/2") and carving them down to how i wanted them to look. they turned out great, but I hope no one ever compares mine to yours, mine'll look so childishly done! thanks for all the write up, great pictures and such. awesome! and if you come to AWA I hope I get to see yours!

Have to say thanks here, for the ideas and solving problems I thought I'd hit when I tried this, for the amazing costume, and for leading me to the RPF.
Did you get to do the mass photoshoot at DragonCon, and if so..can we see them please :)

lightbox
http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=6205865968
Here's mine at AWA this past weekend. I wish I knew the person that actually took this, but their username is there so give them props! And... Luckily I had my friend dressed in my 11th doctor costume to help me get around! If it doesn't show just search Flickr for weeping angel AWA

Last edited:
These costumes are some of my all time favorites at the con. I love leaving the costume area, coming back and finding the face change. Excellent work.

Just wanted to thank the creator of this tutorial cause you made me have one of the best halloween ever.

We do a competition at work and we decided on the living statue subject and i followed your tutorial and created my version of a Weeping Angel. Hope you guys like it.

Estatuas Vivientes (1) - YouTube <-- Video of the group

Sad to say only 2 persons new what I was. :cry Everyone else thought I was a Gargoyle :confused

314490_10150438783088200_579403199_10343722_726780912_n.jpg

388467_10150372278959043_554534042_8047467_837107132_n.jpg

We do a competition at work and we decided on the living statue subject and i followed your tutorial and created my version of a Weeping Angel. Hope you guys like it.

Sad to say only 2 persons new what I was. :cry Everyone else thought I was a Gargoyle :confused

You have an issue with gargoyles?

Wow...just wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to document the construction of this costume. It looks amazing. I'm creeped the hell out right now but it's amazing, lol.

I joined this forum solely so I could post a reply saying that, in 20 years of cons, this is the greatest costume I've ever come across, and is my absolute favorite. Thank you so very much for sharing!

that iss soo cool! :) i dont watch Dr who, but as soon as i saw it it reminded me of the statues from the "Winters Night" haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights Orlando last year as the house statues/scareactors was based on them same Dr Who statues
6175859290_ebca7ae0e3_z.jpg
0.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back