Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume

I literally just sewed two lengths of fabric into a tube, then gathered that and sewed it onto the yoke (collar area). (To get a pattern for the yoke, you could just cut the sleeves and bottom off an old t-shirt.) So I would advise buying twice your height in fabric, plus maybe another half-yard to use to cut the yoke pieces from.

Thank you to those who have commented - I'm still amazed and decidedly humbled at how helpful people have found this!

Outstanding work, especially considering the short time frame you seem to have prepared it in! I love the idea of tights as skin, totally going to try that out one day! Possibly even this week :-D

I literally just sewed two lengths of fabric into a tube, then gathered that and sewed it onto the yoke (collar area). (To get a pattern for the yoke, you could just cut the sleeves and bottom off an old t-shirt.) So I would advise buying twice your height in fabric, plus maybe another half-yard to use to cut the yoke pieces from.

Thank you to those who have commented - I'm still amazed and decidedly humbled at how helpful people have found this!

Thanks so much!! That's a big help. I can't wait to get started on my own version of this. Thank you for posting this tutorial; without it I would have thought this costume impossible. :D

I'm a bit late to the party (Look at the pages and pages of compliments!) but I wanted to say how cool this is and that you've inspired me to think about making a LOTR style "Rock Cloak" after seeing your paint technique. Huzzahs are in order!

Saw this on Fb absolutely fantastic. . .this would be great for Halloween! I am going to try this. Thank you for taking the time to post the pic's and documenting your process!

I have a few more questions for you. How did you do the secret panel in the back? Was it a separate piece? and how far down does it go? does it attach to the hoop at the bottom? and how do you get the wings on with the dress? Thank you sooooooooooooo much, I don't think I could have even started this project without you! :D

Hi there!

Just finished making a set of Weeping Angel costumes for myself and my husband, figure it's about time to stop by to say hi and "thanks"!

This tutorial of yours was the first thing we found when we looked up to see if anyone had done such a costume before, and if so... how it turned out.

We ended up going off on our own direction for the majority of it, but wanted to let you know that seeing someone else do it gave us the bit of a confidence boost that we needed - showing us that it wasn't TOO insane of an idea - so we just went for it.

I have a photo of the costumes as my avatar, if you're interested. Also just posted a bit of a tutorial to my website, but forgot to look up this forum's views on posting links! Whoops.

Anyway, thanks again for the inspiration!

Hey I was really wanting to freal out my student when I took them to camp this year do you think that you could tell me all of the supplies I would need to make one myself and the exact color of paint you used

Thanks

As you can see from my name I love weeping angels and my friend is being the 11th doctor and I needed a Weeping Angel costume and this is amazing thanks for it :):)

Last edited:
After I constantly looked at this in the middle of the night I watched the episode cause I haven't seen it in forever and I was playing with my loose tooth and my brother scared my in pitch black and I ripped my tooth out so yea thank that helped cause that tooth gave me horrible mouth pain so like I said thanks :)

Last edited:
I just came across this post after a friend of mine asked if I had any advice for making this costume (I of course, didn't).

OMG THOSE GLOVES LOOK AMAZING. I did a double take. Definitely a trick I'm going to remember int he future. Such a fantastic costume!

- - - Updated - - -

I just came across this post after a friend of mine asked if I had any advice for making this costume (I of course, didn't).

OMG THOSE GLOVES LOOK AMAZING. I did a double take. Definitely a trick I'm going to remember int he future. Such a fantastic costume!

Hey Pen,

Just chiming in with the large - and well deserved - choir to say "Great Job!"!

My daughter (who is a huuuuge Doctor fan) talks about going as a weeping angel for "Fastelavn" - Danish holiday similar to Halloween which falls in february/march - and I was just browsing around to see what others did, your stuff is totally inspiring.

:)

This is a nice costume and one I plan on making fo rmy wife, but the only thing that would be good, is if there is a way I could get this in like a word or pdf file?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back