Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume

I'm new to the RPF but have had this bookmarked since last year. AMAZING work!! Your attention to detail and skill at creating this costume are inspiring! I saw you at Dragoncon 2009 and have been wanting to do a weeping angel ever since. I am finally getting around to it and would like to have it finished by Halloween. If not, it will definitely be finished for Megacon in March 2011 and of course Dragoncon :)
Thank you for sharing all the great pics and details, you've done all the hard work! If I can even come close to what you've accomplished, I will be thrilled!

Hey! Its Katrina, the other angel who is friends with Kilayi! I thought I would mention as well that I enjoyed posing and talking with you at Dragon*con!... also Im glad you like our wings but I agree with Kilayi, your definitely more scary with your mask.. and maybe its also because you are taller than us.. lol

I was just pointed here the other night by a friend of mine and WOW. I had seen the photos from D*C and was amazed. I'm even more amazed at how you pulled this whole thing together! Gorgeous, genius and totally terrifying, all at once.

Thank you for sharing progress photos and info from your build. I'm already inspired to try some of your methods on some future costumes of mine. (Those gloves with the nails? I love those!) I can't wait to see more of your work. :)

Such a good episode, and I think my wife would like this costume. I will have to ask her if she would like it and if so, work on it with her. excellent instructions, easy to follow. Cannot wait to see the updated instructions. Might have some questions for you in the future on your angel and I would love to see the instructions for the other Weeping Angels.

Last edited:
Edit is not working, could not edit my post there.

After showing my wife the weeping angels instructions, she wants to make that one for Halloween next year. So this will be fun to do. and I just realized, you could dress up in it, stand in the front of your house and scare the hell out of people as they come by trick and treating.

Edit is not working, could not edit my post there.

After showing my wife the weeping angels instructions, she wants to make that one for Halloween next year. So this will be fun to do. and I just realized, you could dress up in it, stand in the front of your house and scare the hell out of people as they come by trick and treating.

I suggested the same thing myself. That would work especially well in neighborhoods where the kids come in short spurts so that fewer people would see the surprise before reaching the house.

This is truly an amazing build. You captured the 'stone' look perfectly. Great character as well, very creepy. I want one for the yard...

I just have to say AGAIN that this is one incredible build! My older daughter wants me to attempt this for next Halloween!

Congratulations, penwiper! While not a major Dr. Who fan, I had seen this episode and was amazed of the story telling and the creepiness of the story. I also had followed your thread and have been amazed of your talent and ingenuity of recreating this character. Bravo!

These creeped me out on screen and now your costume creeps me out as well.
It is a really well done costume.

I don't have the episode on DVD, can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as a male weeping angel or were they all female?

Craig

so cool your costume rules and the idea of painted stockings golden pure genius and gluing the nails on too XD love it cannot wait to see what other who monsters you have a crack at :D

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back