1. Purveyor of Justice RPF Premium Member Gary Pahls's Avatar
    From
    Novi, Mi
    Aug 18, 2011, 3:59 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #126

Wow, that looked awesome
  2. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Sep 12, 2011, 10:31 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #127

This is gorgeous! I am attempting to make my own version of the angel costume for a St. Louis con in a couple of weeks. I have a question for you. I am using a polyester gray fabric and attempting to add in my highlights with acrylic paint but it keeps getting absorbed and disappearing! Do you have any suggestions or did you have this problem with yours? Oh! And did anyone notice your toe-nailed feet or do you think i can skip it?
  3. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Sep 24, 2011, 7:49 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #128

I started making my weeping angel costume for AWA next week about a month ago... needless to say I'm still fixing issues. one of my friends led me here, and although I had general ideas about how I was going to accomplish my costume i was floored by how good yours looked and borrowed the hula hoop idea, and now I'm going back to borrow the hands too. I did it a different way 1... 2... 3 times, and haven't been satisfied yet haha! I ended up sculpting my mask and hair using sculpey and then attaching it to tights, and used insulating foam sheets (1/2") and carving them down to how i wanted them to look. they turned out great, but I hope no one ever compares mine to yours, mine'll look so childishly done! thanks for all the write up, great pictures and such. awesome! and if you come to AWA I hope I get to see yours!
    Sep 25, 2011, 2:20 AM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #129

Have to say thanks here, for the ideas and solving problems I thought I'd hit when I tried this, for the amazing costume, and for leading me to the RPF.
    Did you get to do the mass photoshoot at DragonCon, and if so..can we see them please
    From
    Dallas
    Sep 25, 2011, 2:55 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #130

may have seen you a couple of times at DC. excellent costume!

Weeping Angel by kimncris, on Flickr
  6. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Oct 4, 2011, 10:45 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #131

http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=6205865968
    Here's mine at AWA this past weekend. I wish I knew the person that actually took this, but their username is there so give them props! And... Luckily I had my friend dressed in my 11th doctor costume to help me get around! If it doesn't show just search Flickr for weeping angel AWA
    Last edited by cannibalapples; Oct 4, 2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: broken link... might still be broken...
    From
    Orlando, FL
    Oct 5, 2011, 8:25 AM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #132

These costumes are some of my all time favorites at the con. I love leaving the costume area, coming back and finding the face change. Excellent work.
    Oct 5, 2011, 8:40 AM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #133

as a huge doctor who fan, i must say brilliant work
  9. Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Nov 8, 2011, 5:48 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #134

Just wanted to thank the creator of this tutorial cause you made me have one of the best halloween ever.

We do a competition at work and we decided on the living statue subject and i followed your tutorial and created my version of a Weeping Angel. Hope you guys like it.

Estatuas Vivientes (1) - YouTube <-- Video of the group

Sad to say only 2 persons new what I was. Everyone else thought I was a Gargoyle

Thanks

From
    Arizona
    Nov 25, 2011, 5:24 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #135

Kibara said: View Post
    We do a competition at work and we decided on the living statue subject and i followed your tutorial and created my version of a Weeping Angel. Hope you guys like it.

Sad to say only 2 persons new what I was. Everyone else thought I was a Gargoyle

You have an issue with gargoyles?
    From
    TN
    Nov 26, 2011, 1:18 AM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #136

Wow...just wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to document the construction of this costume. It looks amazing. I'm creeped the hell out right now but it's amazing, lol.
    From
    essex
    Nov 27, 2011, 10:11 AM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #137

Wow just seen this thread very nice work with the angels there its nice to see some good ones are out there
  13. Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Aug 12, 2012, 2:02 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #138

I joined this forum solely so I could post a reply saying that, in 20 years of cons, this is the greatest costume I've ever come across, and is my absolute favorite. Thank you so very much for sharing!
  14. Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Aug 12, 2012, 2:14 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #139

can i asked what your paperclay recepy was please ?
  15. Member Since
    May 2012
    From
    UK
    Aug 12, 2012, 2:56 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #140

that iss soo cool! i dont watch Dr who, but as soon as i saw it it reminded me of the statues from the "Winters Night" haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights Orlando last year as the house statues/scareactors was based on them same Dr Who statues
    From
    By the Western Sea, U.S.
    Oct 11, 2012, 12:04 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #141

Your costume is absolutely fantastic!! Bravo for having the courage to attempt to make it and for really having fun with wearing it. Great job!
  17. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Oct 13, 2012, 4:15 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #142

Wow! your costume is awesome. I'd love to make one for myself!
    From
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Oct 16, 2012, 8:28 AM - #143

Such attention to detail and an amazing costume, you'd totally freak me out if your mask was on! Fantastic work!
    Oct 16, 2012, 10:07 AM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #144

To the OP, I am floored by your Angel, and also a bit surprised I missed this thread for FOUR YEARS. It's up there with the best Iron Man builds for "most impressive costume I've ever seen" - huge props to you.
  20. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Oct 26, 2012, 4:08 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #145

You did an amazing job!

P.S. Do you happen to know the circumference of the hoola hoop you used?
    Last edited by MyUserName; Oct 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM.
  21. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    From
    In a Timey Wimey Blue Box
    Dec 31, 2012, 2:11 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #146

I have to say - this is simply fantastic craftsmanship! Would you mind if I used your guide (of a sort) to make a Weeping Angel costume to use at various Cons for myself?
  22. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    From
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Jan 1, 2013, 8:22 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #147

This is a beautiful costume! You make it all sound so easy! Very inspirational. I really appreciate your detailed description. I wish I had more time on my hands so I could attempt it!
    From
    L.A.
    Jan 1, 2013, 8:54 PM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #148

That thing is damn creepy! I don't remember who was telling me, but they said I should watch this particular episode as I've never seen the show. You've definitely gotten the point across to me! Great job on the costume!
    From
    Adelaide, Australia
    Jan 3, 2013, 2:18 AM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #149

This is fantastic!! Blink scared me sooo much and you have hit the jackpot with your costume!!
  25. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    Jan 9, 2013, 11:32 AM - Re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #150

I would first like to say that I was not a member of this site or had ever even been to it before now. I created this account specifically to comment on this thread. I realize it's quite an old post but I was searching for 'Blink'. My daughter has started watching Doctor Who with me and LOVES it (she's 5). I made a bad judgement call and didn't skip this episode and since then, she will not sleep in her bed! These angels terrified her even though I explained to her that it wasn't real. So I found your post and was able to show her step-by-step how the angels are created and that they are, in fact, fake. I realize this wasn't your intent in posting this, but you have just helped a little girl conquer her fear. Your costume was so realistic and seeing your face under that mask sealed it for her. So, THANK YOU!