Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume

I have to say really amazing and great quality!!
I loved that ep and can't wait to see the ep they returned in :D

Necro thread, but I'm glad it got Necro'd, because I'm going to send this to some friends on the internet.

Now that the new episode is out with the angels, It would be fun to do a whole group of angels.

If anyone is interested in building on this project, the most recent episode of Doctor Who Confidential (Episode 4) has some great behind the scenes shots of the Angels getting into their wardrobe, makeup, and masks.

...also it has the Angels dancing.

-Nick

The angels always have me turning around, I don't scare very easily but these guys freak the hell out of me. If I saw anyone in this costume, I honestly think I would leave the building in fear of it being a real angel haha.

With that said ... Best Costume EVER!!! This is seriously cool. Great job!

Although I'm not a big Dr. Who fan, I have seen this particular episode and was very impressed with the writing and creepiness of it.

Very well done, Penwiper. I love the tutorial and your approach to contructing the wings is something similar to what I have done with other projects, but didn't occur to me to use for wings such as yours. Bravo.

that is really brilliant work, really well done, i only attempted the mask myself for my son, he loved the angels but only the snarling mask part as they had girlie bodies! (his words)

Very nice work! I loved that episode, it really gave me the creeps and I'm sure that if I saw your costume in person I would have gotten creeped out too. To really help sell the illusion you should try to find a way to blend the mask into your neck, then people would really have a hard time figuring out if you were a person or a statue.

You should wear that out for Halloween. Stand outside in front of your house nice and still and see how many people you could scare. I can only imagine the passers by commenting on the statue in front of your house and what not and then see them jump like 10' in the air when you move. Even freakier would be if you could get away with changing poses every time they turn away and look back just like in the episode, now that would probably really freak people out.

If anyone is interested in building on this project, the most recent episode of Doctor Who Confidential (Episode 4) has some great behind the scenes shots of the Angels getting into their wardrobe, makeup, and masks.

...also it has the Angels dancing.

-Nick
Personally I have been thinking of building on this for a while,
I would use stone-spray paint on the wings and body (it would be solid in my replica) and I would make a fully latex head to slip on.
The arms are a work of genius.
(I have read this thread many times, thanks for necro'ing it)

I am a big "Doctor Who" Fan and I'm VERY impressed by this Costume!

Great Job!

I think everything you did on this costume is excellent,great attention to detail, even the Wings turned out great, this character is from one of my favorite Episodes, these "Angels" were a bit too creepy when I first saw them on TV, had I seen it as a Kid, I would have been completely TERRIFIED!

I look forward to seeing any of your Future Projects!

Pictures cannot be displayed, because the bandwidth of you server is exceeded. Maybe you should up them on flickr or something.

I guess you got swamped by the tweets on your costume.

This is so amazing! A friend linked me to this, leading me to discover both your amazing costume, AND this forum, so double win for me, and infinite win for you. :D

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back