Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Walnut, CA
    May 1, 2010, 5:04 PM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #51

Very nice work! I loved that episode, it really gave me the creeps and I'm sure that if I saw your costume in person I would have gotten creeped out too. To really help sell the illusion you should try to find a way to blend the mask into your neck, then people would really have a hard time figuring out if you were a person or a statue.

You should wear that out for Halloween. Stand outside in front of your house nice and still and see how many people you could scare. I can only imagine the passers by commenting on the statue in front of your house and what not and then see them jump like 10' in the air when you move. Even freakier would be if you could get away with changing poses every time they turn away and look back just like in the episode, now that would probably really freak people out.
    From
    Melbourne, Australia
    May 2, 2010, 2:33 AM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #52

TheNickFox said: View Post
    If anyone is interested in building on this project, the most recent episode of Doctor Who Confidential (Episode 4) has some great behind the scenes shots of the Angels getting into their wardrobe, makeup, and masks.

...also it has the Angels dancing.

-Nick
    Personally I have been thinking of building on this for a while,
    I would use stone-spray paint on the wings and body (it would be solid in my replica) and I would make a fully latex head to slip on.
    The arms are a work of genius.
    (I have read this thread many times, thanks for necro'ing it)
  3. RPF Premium Member propsculptor's Avatar
    From
    Southern California
    May 2, 2010, 7:27 AM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #53

I am a big "Doctor Who" Fan and I'm VERY impressed by this Costume!

Great Job!

I think everything you did on this costume is excellent,great attention to detail, even the Wings turned out great, this character is from one of my favorite Episodes, these "Angels" were a bit too creepy when I first saw them on TV, had I seen it as a Kid, I would have been completely TERRIFIED!

I look forward to seeing any of your Future Projects!
  4. RPF Premium Member
    From
    L.A., CA
    May 3, 2010, 6:13 PM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #54

Fantastic work. Creativity triumphing over what many would consider a quite a daunting costume to do. Marvelous.
    From
    Toronto, Canada
    May 3, 2010, 6:33 PM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #55

You look absolutely superb! and Wow, those sleeves are genius!
    From
    Appleton, WI
    May 3, 2010, 6:37 PM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #56

Outstanding work! The gloves/sleeves and wing construction stands out in particular.
  7. Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Jun 11, 2010, 1:59 AM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #57

Pictures cannot be displayed, because the bandwidth of you server is exceeded. Maybe you should up them on flickr or something.

I guess you got swamped by the tweets on your costume.
    Jun 11, 2010, 9:47 AM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #58

This is so amazing! A friend linked me to this, leading me to discover both your amazing costume, AND this forum, so double win for me, and infinite win for you.
    Jun 25, 2010, 9:28 AM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #59

very nice job , congratulations!
    Jun 25, 2010, 11:27 AM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #60

I saw you at D*C, excellent work!
  11. Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Jun 25, 2010, 12:35 PM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #61

Now that is amazing. I don't see many Doctor Who costumes and to see a Weeping Angel? Damn. Now you know why Moffat took over after RTD, he's a great writer with unique and terrifying ideas.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jun 25, 2010, 3:27 PM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #62

It's an old tread, but I missed it the first time, so I'll chime in...

Great costume. The arms, especially, look great. I saw you at DragonCon and have some pictures posted on my costume pages. VErY creapy. I recall a lot of people shrieking!

Click for larger image

Jun 25, 2010, 6:02 PM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #63

Thank you! I'm working on some improvements to this costume right now, and I hope to bring it to Dragon*con again this year.
    From
    Atlanta, GA
    Jun 25, 2010, 9:13 PM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #64

Sweet costume, and excellent WIP pictures. I'll keep both eyes open for it at DragonCon.
    From
    Portland, OR
    Jul 2, 2010, 9:56 AM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #65

Oh, man. What a fun idea for a costume! the feet and hands are an inspired touch.

Blink is one of my all time favorite episodes, and I was thrilled to see the Angels return this last season. Steven Moffat definitely knows how to deliver the thrills and a satisfying story.

What improvements are you implementing on the next version?
    Jul 2, 2010, 5:39 PM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #66

Thanks! Some of the improvements won't be very noticeable - improved wing harness, etc - but I'm working on a new mask and new sculpted wig which I hope should look a lot better than what I had previously. Plus a better paint job on the arms/neck for better blending.

Gen
  17. RPF Premium Member MrPinski's Avatar
    From
    Hollywood CA
    Jul 2, 2010, 7:26 PM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #67

Omfg that is amazing!!!!
    Jul 3, 2010, 1:47 AM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #68

oh my goodness...I am absolutely speechless at the utter awesomeness that is this costume.
    As others have said, I thought I was looking a statue in the first pic. As in, I thought you were saying, "I wanted to do something creative and Doctor Who, so this was my inspiration." but then I realized it was you and I was floored. Absolutely spectacular job. I wish I was going to DragonCon so I could see it in real life.
  19. Member Since
    Jul 2010
    From
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Jul 11, 2010, 6:49 PM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #69

Sorry I so late in posting to this thread, but I just got sent this link by a friend.
    I am a big Doctor Who fan and "Blink" is one of my favourite episodes. I think you do yourself a disservice with your comments about the wig and mask. You did a fabulous job you looked great!
    I have been making costumes for about 25 years as a hobby and I know that sometimes they don't come out to look exactly the way they do in your head - but believe me you did a bang up job here! I look forward to hearing how you get on with the upgrades!
    MARTY
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jul 12, 2010, 12:05 AM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #70

Just wanted to say that your cool costume piqued my interest enough to go ahead and watch the blink episode. It was the first Dr. Who I'd seen since I was a little kid (back in the Tom Baker days) and I really enjoyed it.
    A very well written piece of sci-fi that stands on its own.
    Thanks for leading me to it.
    Jul 12, 2010, 12:46 PM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #71

Martyfork, thank you, that's sweet of you! I'm just frustrated by the old wig/mask because I know I can do better but ran out of time. With the new ones I will at least know that I really did give them my best shot.

Max Replica, I'm glad to hear you tried and liked Blink! It really is an episode that can be enjoyed on its own merits.

Gen
    From
    Palatine, IL
    Jul 13, 2010, 8:29 AM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #72

Awesome costume I never thought anyone would be able to do a angel costume, but you really look like a statue in the pictures.
    Again great job, I'll have to keep an eye out for you at Dragoncon.
  23. Member Since
    Jul 2010
    From
    North Carolina
    Jul 18, 2010, 11:21 PM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #73

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I think you did a great job, and I'll see you at Dragon*Con with my own Weeping Angel costume (and a friend as a Weeping angel)!

I'm going to do a lot of things differently, but your idea of using painted pantyhose for the arms and neck is wonderful, and I'm totally jacking it! lol

We should totally meet up in our Angel Costumes or something while we're there :)
    Jul 19, 2010, 6:57 AM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #74

Kilayi said: View Post
    Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I think you did a great job, and I'll see you at Dragon*Con with my own Weeping Angel costume (and a friend as a Weeping angel)!

I'm going to do a lot of things differently, but your idea of using painted pantyhose for the arms and neck is wonderful, and I'm totally jacking it! lol

We should totally meet up in our Angel Costumes or something while we're there
    Oh, cool! I would LOVE to meet up with some other angels! Especially if you're doing things differently - I love seeing how other costumers solve the same problems! Please do PM me if you want to talk shop in private.

Gen
  25. Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Jul 25, 2010, 11:24 AM - re: Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume #75

penwiper said: View Post
    Oh, cool! I would LOVE to meet up with some other angels! Especially if you're doing things differently - I love seeing how other costumers solve the same problems! Please do PM me if you want to talk shop in private.

Gen
    Hi!
    I'm not doing a blink angel but I am doing a Galatea from greek mythology costume and I was trying to get the same "stone" effect on the dress that you did for yours. Could I please as you some questions about how you did some of it? I'm especially curious about the hula hoop.